Viking Tulips & Windmills comments/ reviews please!

knoxclone

Have cruised 2x w/ DH on Viking ( Danube & Rhine) and am looking to do the Tulips & Windmills w my daughter in 2019.

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments - did a search and have not seen many reviews later than 2016.

I do have some mobility issues - so I was curious as to how much walking is is required at the Kuekenhof Gardens?

I was able to navigate the Kinderdik w no problems on the Rhine Cruise. As long as there are no steps I am fine.

Thanks for any other suggestions.

I went on the Tulip Time cruise with Avalon and can answer your question about Keukenhof Garden. There is quite a bit of walking, but they have benches throughout and pavilions ( the buildings with names on the map here) where you can sit or have a snack. The pavilions had displays of orchids, hydrangeas, and tulips as well.

https://tulipsinholland.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Keukenhof-map.jpg

The grounds are relatively flat ( not anything like Butchart, if you have been there.)

We had the choice of a shorter or longer excursion to Keukenhof on our cruise.

Dress warmly!

Dress warmly!

It depends. When I was there in 2010 the beginning of our trip was quite cool; I wore a heavy fleece, a scarf and gloves. By the time we got to Keukenhof at the end of April, it was much warmer; I started the day with a very light jacket, but ended up with just a 3/4 sleeve top.

As an aside, I'm not a flower person. Uniworld had 2 return times and I was sure that I would be on the first, but I LOVED the gardens and just wandered around until the second pickup time.

That’s true. The week before I went (3rd week of April this year), the temps were near 80. When I got there the next week, it was cloudy, a little rainy, and temps were in the high 40’s and low 50’s. I was surprised it was so cold and windy, and glad that I packed a hat and gloves at the last minute.