Wardrobe Space on QM2

Sandra Smudger

Has anyone ever used over the door hangers for extra hanging space on QM2? I'd like to get some but all the ads mention door thickness and I haven't got a clue how thick the bathroom or wardrobe doors are on QM2. And, does anyone use magnetic hooks on the walls?

Edited by Sandra Smudger

From memory the top of the bathroom door is pretty snug I think with a metal edge so I doubt that would work, the wardrobe doors are also quite thin and made of soft wood for such hangers and would mark I think quite easily when any pressure of hanging is placed on the front of the U shape design. Perhaps double hanging is the pragmatic solution.

Magnetic hooks do work. I've also seen photo's of people fixing a line between 2 in order to hang more but I would think they'd need to be very strong to do that. Have you considered suction hooks? They might work too.

The problem on QM2 is although you can remove the wooden hangers, you cannot the plastic bits at the top as the rail does not come out as on QV and QE. Wire hangers work well to increase the hanging capacity.

I take a over door hook with 5 slots which is great for drying non tumble dry items or preparing clothes for dinner.

Wilko Over Door Hanger 3in1 - 0300176 £3 I also use their copper hangers 10 for £3 as they are lightweight and better than wire hangers, with dry cleaning quality bags from ebay and pack all my evening and cocktail dresses on the hangers covered, to eliminate creasing whilst packed.

We are sending some luggage to the ship by courier so clothes will be packed for 5 days. On leaving the ship if we cannot store onboard we will be leaving 2 - 3 cases in self storage in Southampton as we are returning for the Round South America cruise 3 weeks later.