How is Helsinki for people with mobility problems?

For our cruise on the Serenade of the Seas (departing May 27 2017), Helsinki is the only port where we have not reserved a mobility-friendly shore excursion. According to the Port of Helsinki website, our ship will be docked at the West Harbor and I understand we will need a shuttle or taxi to get to the town square area. How is it in town square area of Helsinki for someone with a rollator to get around?

Hi

I have been twice to Helsinki with a Cruise Ship. If I remember correctly, once I could walk to the city center and once I took a shuttle. Helsinki itself is very easy to get around with a mobility problem. The city center is not big; just at some places there is cobblestone. Have fun - it is a beautiful and friendly city!

Both times I was in Helsinki, we took a shuttle bus into town. The shuttle bus is accessible and there was room for two of us on scooters. It is a beautiful town. The last visit, we stopped at an open air market, which was very interesting. I think it is open when ships come in. Yes, there were rough spots, but nothing to worry about.

If you plan on going into Tallinn on your own, I hope you have a cushion, those streets are rough.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty