St. Maarten and the delicious french bakery

Is there a Zee Best in Marigot where Bernards tour will take me? I'll be there on a Monday.

On the website the 2 locations of the restaurant are on the Dutch side and the bakery is as well. They must have had a location in Marigot as there still is a store front with the name but the shutters are always down when we drive by.

• 3 years later...
Thanks but I know it was on the french side we went to it on the Bernard tour a couple years ago

So did we!!! This is a great question was wanting to know this myself for our trip there in Sept

How far is Sarafinies from where they dock the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A minimum of 30 min by taxi...Not worth it just to go to Sarafina's...We weren't that impressed.

Would love to know if there's a good bakery in Philipsburg?

All of the shops in that area including Serrafina’s were destoyed by the hurricane last year.

We were in St Martin last week and evidence of the damage is still very visable. We did not go to the French side but were told rebuilding on that side has not come very quickly at all.

We have always loved St Martin but even after a year rebuilding is still going on....

All of the shops in that area including Serrafina’s were destoyed by the hurricane last year.

We were in St Martin last week and evidence of the damage is still very visable. We did not go to the French side but were told rebuilding on that side has not come very quickly at all.

We have always loved St Martin but even after a year rebuilding is still going on....

That's exactly what I had heard too. Is there any shops, bakeries or restaurants you could recommend from your experience recently?

I've seen pictures online and read reviews of a couple of places mentioned on this thread, and was looking forward to visiting a few on our last cruise which was supposed to stop at St Martin. The hurricane had other ideas and we never got there. We've got another cruise and this time I'm hoping to get there and visit one of the bakeries. It's been mentioned that Serafina's hasn't been rebuilt, what about The Taste Factory or La Sucriere that were mentioned before?

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, hrmkr said:

Any progress on Serafina's being rebuilt?  We will be there in December 2019.

We were there in September, and The Mailman (Bernard’s tours) told us most were still waiting on money to rebuild or they just received it and were waiting on the 2018 hurricane season to finish before progressing. They hadn’t started when we were there. He said they were going to rebuild. That’s all I know.