Can we rebook prebooked excursions onboard using OBC?

Ken the cruiser

Why would that matter? Don't understand their logic.

Princess used to let you reserve shore excursions before the cruise but not pay for them until the cruise ended. That allowed people with OBC to have that OBC applied to the shore excursions.

But then Princess decided to be like the competition and make you pay for an excursion in order to book it in advance. This left many people very unhappy because they could not use OBC once onboard to pay for the excursions, and for many passengers, that was their main use of the OBC.

So this year Princess started to allow the use of known OBC to be used pre-cruise for booking shore excursions.

Other things like specialty dining, beverage packages, etc. never could be booked in advance with payment at the end of the cruise. Of course it was only relatively recently that Princess did allow pre-cruise booking (and paying for) specialty dining.

Princess used to let you reserve shore excursions before the cruise but not pay for them until the cruise ended. That allowed people with OBC to have that OBC applied to the shore excursions.

But then Princess decided to be like the competition and make you pay for an excursion in order to book it in advance. This left many people very unhappy because they could not use OBC once onboard to pay for the excursions, and for many passengers, that was their main use of the OBC.

So this year Princess started to allow the use of known OBC to be used pre-cruise for booking shore excursions.

Other things like specialty dining, beverage packages, etc. never could be booked in advance with payment at the end of the cruise. Of course it was only relatively recently that Princess did allow pre-cruise booking (and paying for) specialty dining.

Thanks for your explanation. RCI still allows you to buy/pay for SR with OBC prior to boarding. Will cruise them in Oct.

We understand Princess has changed the rules whereby you used to be able to prebook excursions, then pay for them onboard using accrued OBC present in your shipboard account. If this is still true, is it possible to cancel then immediately rebook our prebooked excursions at the excursion desk while onboard and use our OBC to do so? If so are there any penalties to do so?

I just tonight booked a December 13 (Regal) excursion for myself and my wife. When I clicked on pay, it automatically took OBC from my account for payment, but asked for credit card to pay for my wife. (She had no OBC.)

I just tonight booked a December 13 (Regal) excursion for myself and my wife. When I clicked on pay, it automatically took OBC from my account for payment, but asked for credit card to pay for my wife. (She had no OBC.)

If you still had OBC remaining in your account, a call to Princess would allow a rep to take your OBC to apply to your wife's excursion cost.