Booking a cruise for British citizens using US website

willrich7

I’m considering taking my parents who are British and live in the UK on an Alaskan cruise. Though originally from the UK I’m now an American citizen.

We’d be in two separate rooms (for my sanity!) when cruising and I’m wondering if there is any issue with me booking for them using the US website?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m considering taking my parents who are British and live in the UK on an Alaskan cruise. Though originally from the UK I’m now an American citizen.

We’d be in two separate rooms (for my sanity!) when cruising and I’m wondering if there is any issue with me booking for them using the US website?

We never had a problem with that

I would use your US address for all passengers

And book both cabins at once in 1 booking

Are you going to take the expensive option and book direct with Princess?

We never had a problem with that

I would use your US address for all passengers

And book both cabins at once in 1 booking

Are you going to take the expensive option and book direct with Princess?

There is a cheaper way to book a Princess cruise without using Princess direct? Do tell!

There is a cheaper way to book a Princess cruise without using Princess direct? Do tell!

I always use a travel agent. She has always given us some form of gift that saves us money on the cruise. The gifts have varied but have included everything from onboard credit, wine, specialty restaurant meals, to premier beverage packages.

It is not always less expensive to book with a travel agent. There are some good deals at times right on the Princess site that I have found travel agents cannot beat. Look around. Do book both cabins at one time. I don't know about it being less expensive on the UK site but I have heard that they don't get the same perks that some of us get on the USA site.

It’s cheaper to book in the UK at the moment, so you are doing this the wrong way round

Agree, but how does a Canadian book through the UK? We have British friends who we will be joining on a cruise in 2020 and now wonder if the reverse situation of having them book for us could apply.

Agree, but how does a Canadian book through the UK? We have British friends who we will be joining on a cruise in 2020 and now wonder if the reverse situation of having them book for us could apply.

Well that was what I was thinking

If you want me to price check the UK, I have a princess USA and UK account

That would be checking just the Princess websites for official pricing in UK and US?

Or actual bottom line pricing which might well be lower in US?

Of course in US we have to add taxes while in UK they are normally included in the headline price.

We have TA who discount in the UK but at the moment the saving are still better in the UK than the best USA price.

Can you check 49 day Fll to LA on Feb 2nd 2019 on Royal please? Inside, Cruise only. 2 pax. Just about to pay final invoice on it here in US

It is not always less expensive to book with a travel agent. There are some good deals at times right on the Princess site that I have found travel agents cannot beat. Look around. Do book both cabins at one time. I don't know about it being less expensive on the UK site but I have heard that they don't get the same perks that some of us get on the USA site.

I good TA has access to every deal that Princess offers. My TA usually discounts her price anywhere from 8-12% off of the Princess price with all the deals that the Princess price includes. My TA just refared a cruise for 2020 under the 3 for free sale and her price was $450.00 per person less than Princess.

It maybe worth checking your parents’ travel insurance. Some UK insurance companies only cover trips booked with an ATOL or ABTA registered company.

Have a great trip.

If you are getting better prices from Princess direct than from a travel agent.... you have the wrong travel agent. While travel agents may sometimes quote the same as Princess they would never be higher than Princess. If so... the agent is a shady one![emoji6]

Price pp is £4239 for a forward inside, that’s $5444. Don’t think there’s much difference to be honest.

My net cost would be

$5,743.24 but I get Future Cruise Deposit OBC of $125 and also 3% back from the US credit card so it more or less evens out.

There is no doubt more to save on other cruises by booking in UK.

It is not always less expensive to book with a travel agent. There are some good deals at times right on the Princess site that I have found travel agents cannot beat.

Any decent Travel Agent should at the least be able to get you the same pricing and perks that you can get from Princess.

A great Travel Agent can book the same cruise with the same perks at a savings from booking directly with Princess. And a great Travel Agent often can offer additional OBC and/or perks.