Regal Princess Concierge Lounge

Shaver John

Who mans the Concierge Lounge? Does the Captain Circle Person stay in the Lounge or is it a crew member? Can that person make reservations for dinners and for tours? I understand the Lounge is open all the time, not sure if that is correct or not. But that the Concierge Lounge is only manned some hours of the day, is that correct? First time on the Regal just trying to find out a few things. What activity do most folks do in the Lounge? Thank you in advance....

Their is a concierge who mans the desk in the lounge. They are there for some hours in the morning as well as the afternoon and evening, just can’t remember those hours.

The concierge can make dining reservations and handle any other issues that you have. We had an issue with an OBC and they handled that as well.

During certain hours there will some small snacks, tea style sandwiches, cookies etc. There will also be some fruit, tea & coffee and waters.

The lounge is small and there are a few tables and chairs. Some games and a television. Both cruises that we were in a suite and used it, we found ourselves to be just ourselves in there many times. It was across from our suite both times, so it was easy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Their is a concierge who mans the desk in the lounge. They are there for some hours in the morning as well as the afternoon and evening, just can’t remember those hours.

The concierge can make dining reservations and handle any other issues that you have. We had an issue with an OBC and they handled that as well.

During certain hours there will some small snacks, tea style sandwiches, cookies etc. There will also be some fruit, tea & coffee and waters.

The lounge is small and there are a few tables and chairs. Some games and a television. Both cruises that we were in a suite and used it, we found ourselves to be just ourselves in there many times. It was across from our suite both times, so it was easy.

Is the concierge normally there early afternoon embarkation day? We'd like to change our complimentary Crown Grill reservation from the first to another and hoping he/she can help us do that.

Is the concierge normally there early afternoon embarkation day? We'd like to change our complimentary Crown Grill reservation from the first to another and hoping he/she can help us do that.

We have always found them there at that time frame. I usually have my dining times that I want typed up and sit with them while they make them. I usually board, grab my seats in the Sanctuary and have lunch in the MDR and then take care of the dining reservations.

We have always found them there at that time frame. I usually have my dining times that I want typed up and sit with them while they make them. I usually board, grab my seats in the Sanctuary and have lunch in the MDR and then take care of the dining reservations.

Thanks! That sounds good to me! :)

Just off the Regal yesterday and we enjoyed the Concierge Lounge the few times we used it. Never more than 3 folks in the lounge, but, they have the best sugar coated nuts and brownies I have had on the cruise. Too good, to be sure, but found myself there often. Seats were comfy, and it was very private. The gentleman sitting at the desk was there a couple of times when I was there, but mostly just me and the brownies and cookies. Coffee maker was great, would go down after I went to the gym instead of all the way down to deck 5, and it worked out well for us. Sandwiches were good at lunch and I really liked the fact that they had the daily menus for dinner so we could decide where we wanted to dine each evening. Very nice.

Just off the Regal yesterday and we enjoyed the Concierge Lounge the few times we used it. Never more than 3 folks in the lounge, but, they have the best sugar coated nuts and brownies I have had on the cruise. Too good, to be sure, but found myself there often. Seats were comfy, and it was very private. The gentleman sitting at the desk was there a couple of times when I was there, but mostly just me and the brownies and cookies. Coffee maker was great, would go down after I went to the gym instead of all the way down to deck 5, and it worked out well for us. Sandwiches were good at lunch and I really liked the fact that they had the daily menus for dinner so we could decide where we wanted to dine each evening. Very nice.

Sounds very nice...and especially since it is almost across the hall from our suite!!!:D

Great tip on going there after the gym. That will be convenient. I'm a little bummed about and how far we're going to have to travel for breakfast to sabatini's from Riviera deck. It was one of the few times I could get my husband to use the stairs during the day! Doubt that will happen now. [emoji13]

Great information on this thread. I was wondering the same thing about changing our specialty dining meal.

Yes, it’s only for full suite guests. The concierge is there twice a day (three times on sea days) for 2-3 hours at a time. The times he’s there are posted at his/her desk. When you hit the ‘passenger services” button on your cabin phone, he/she will answer if he’s at the desk. If not, the call is forwarded to someone who realizes you’re calling from a suite.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, kitschroeder said:

Is the concierge lounge open early in the morning?  I'd love to run in and grab a coffee to bring back to the suite

It's open 24/7. Accessible by cruise card and probably the Medallion at some point.

Concierge has hours posted on his/her desk inside the lounge.

They have a great auto cappuccino/latte/coffee machine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kitschroeder said:

Thank you!  Is it pre-sweetened coffee?  I don't take mine sweetened.

No its a pretty high end machine. It grinds the coffee before each drink.

You add what you want unless its a latte/cappuccino which has milk added.

You can do decaf or regular coffee too. 

16 hours ago, kitschroeder said:

Great info, thanks!  I may not need a coffee card after all....

We always pack two insulated travel mugs when we cruise.  I simply went down to the lounge and brewed two cups into the mugs and took them back to the cabin.  No coffee cards for us!  FYI ... it may not look obvious, but the area where the brewed coffee comes out can be lifted up to make room for your mug to fit under it.  I didn’t realize that for the first couple of days so I was brewing it into a cup and pouring it into the mug.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We are going to have to look more carefully the next time we are in the lounge...… my DH thought it only made cappuccino's and espresso's ….  

It does make those ... but also black coffee, coffee with cream, as well as hot water for tea.  I found the machine put in too much cream so I’d brew two cups into our travel mugs ... one with cream and one without. Prefect!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

It does make those ... but also black coffee, coffee with cream, as well as hot water for tea.  I found the machine put in too much cream so I’d brew two cups into our travel mugs ... one with cream and one without. Prefect!!

I just pull the cup away for less cream.

• 1 month later...

So I really liked the lounge. OUr cabin was only 2 doors down and that made it handy for a quick snack or drink of juice or water. The afternoon tea in the sanctuary got me hooked on the bigelow peppermint tea and I got one or 2 a day in the lounge after that. I did NOT enjoy the coffee. I was pretty bummed. It tasted very bad and like PLASTIC to me. I was really counting on that next cruise when I wont have a coffee card to fall back on. The attendant didn't seem to know much and did not know anything about changing our reservation for the specialty dinner night. He called and said they couldn;t . We have never had a problem changing it on our own so we will continue to do that in the future.