Am I crazy to stay in FL with POM cruise?

Shore>Mom

Flying into FLL. POM departure. Want to spend the day before relaxing and riding the water taxi around FL. Am I nuts? Water taxi worth it?

Not a bad idea, if you get in FL early enough. Check out the water taxi schedule before you decide. It is worth the money IMO.

Hilton Marina is a great hotel. Plan on using water taxi all day. I would do the Hollywood route first, southern route. It takes 1 hour to get to Hollywood from Hilton Marina, and an hour to get back. You change boats at stop number 4 which is Hilton Marina. When you come back from Hollywood the northern route takes 2 hours from stop number 4 to make a complete loop all the way around and back. You can get on or off at any stop and its about 40-45 min for another boat to come by. You do not need to buy tickets in advance. You can purchase them once you get on any boat with credit card.

Hilton Marina is a great hotel. Plan on using water taxi all day. I would do the Hollywood route first, southern route. It takes 1 hour to get to Hollywood from Hilton Marina, and an hour to get back. You change boats at stop number 4 which is Hilton Marina. When you come back from Hollywood the northern route takes 2 hours from stop number 4 to make a complete loop all the way around and back. You can get on or off at any stop and its about 40-45 min for another boat to come by. You do not need to buy tickets in advance. You can purchase them once you get on any boat with credit card.

just wondering which routes will take us past the most mansions and yachts. Looking to gawk at the rich and famous lol.

just wondering which routes will take us past the most mansions and yachts. Looking to gawk at the rich and famous lol.

Yellow, the river route. The Fort Lauderdale route will be good as well and have more yachts, but the river is more intimate.

These are all great suggestions for staying in Fort Lauderdale. The Water Taxi is an interesting way to spend some time in Fort Lauderdale, but I'm not sure I would plan my trip around the Water Taxi. However if my cruise was leaving from Miami, I would probably stay in Downtown Miami. For me there always something very nice about looking out the window in the morning (or going outside the hotel) and seeing your ship. Staying by the port just eliminates one more thing that I don't have to think about.