Princess Room Service

ChildofPisces

Hi all,

Going out on the Crown in November, just wondering what options the room service has for breakfast. The last few times I was on carnival you could place it on your door the night before and get things like bagels, cereal, milk, fruit, etc.

Just curious if Princess offers the same type of thing.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all,

Going out on the Crown in November, just wondering what options the room service has for breakfast. The last few times I was on carnival you could place it on your door the night before and get things like bagels, cereal, milk, fruit, etc.

Thanks in advance!/quote]

Yes they have a hang tag you fill out your order, the time you want it and leave it on your door the night before.

Stewart will leave a new on on your bed each night at turn down.

There is a hang tag you can put on your door in the evening for room service breakfast in the morning. Many people add on things and most (but not all) seem to be accommodated. Please note that putting a "4" next so something like scrambled eggs or bacon does not get 4 of the item. It gets 4 orders of the item. Be careful. :)

Princess%20Breakfast%20Tag_zps1yv2nszj.jpg

I frequently order breakfast from room service. I find that if I mark delivery time (for example) 8:00-8:30, the knock on the door is at 8:00 promptly -- so be ready!

I also usually add an item or 2 to the printed list -- esp. bacon. I have learned to order 1/2 portion of bacon or I get a huge serving.

Not having to dress & leave the cabin for my first coffee & roll is one of my favorite parts of cruising! :)

I frequently order breakfast from room service. I find that if I mark delivery time (for example) 8:00-8:30, the knock on the door is at 8:00 promptly -- so be ready!

I also usually add an item or 2 to the printed list -- esp. bacon. I have learned to order 1/2 portion of bacon or I get a huge serving.

Not having to dress & leave the cabin for my first coffee & roll is one of my favorite parts of cruising! :)

I'm too grumpy and frightening to see in the morning. If we have room service my poor wife has to answer the door. We don't get it very often.

The pot of coffee is decent. IMO better than the coffee in HC. We normally order scrambles eggs and bacon for 1 with 2 croissants and use the extra plate from the croissants to split the egg and bacon order in 1/2. Perfect for 2 normal old folks:)

If weather is nice without much wind we will order lunch and eat it on the balcony. Salads have always been 1st rate, sandwiches made super fresh and the lasagna is their best kept secret. The hamburger and fries is better, again IMO, than the grill on Lido.

You can now order with the Princess @ sea app.

You do not have to tip but I do. My normal tip is $3 but I've heard many tip $2.

framer

I don't know if it has just been bad luck or what, but my experiences have been that the quality of the items from the Breads and Pastries section fall far below the freshness of what is served at the IC. So even if we order other items from Room Service, I always make a run down to the IC to pick up croissants, donuts, etc.

There is a hang tag you can put on your door in the evening for room service breakfast in the morning. Many people add on things and most (but not all) seem to be accommodated. Please note that putting a "4" next so something like scrambled eggs or bacon does not get 4 of the item. It gets 4 orders of the item. Be careful. :)

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

The pot of coffee is decent. IMO better than the coffee in HC. We normally order scrambles eggs and bacon for 1 with 2 croissants and use the extra plate from the croissants to split the egg and bacon order in 1/2. Perfect for 2 normal old folks:)

If weather is nice without much wind we will order lunch and eat it on the balcony. Salads have always been 1st rate, sandwiches made super fresh and the lasagna is their best kept secret. The hamburger and fries is better, again IMO, than the grill on Lido.

You can now order with the Princess @ sea app.

You do not have to tip but I do. My normal tip is $3 but I've heard many tip $2.

framer

Do they charge for the sandwiches and salads, or is it part of the all-inclusive? Just curious! Thank you. :)

:)

Princess is usually excellent on their timing when you order room service. A few times for the morning delivery, they have called on the phone before they bring your order so they know you are awake. I don't know if they are still doing this as we didn't order room service last time on Princess, but they had done so on prior cruises. I like it, too! Maybe it is just specific ones that do that ... but it's a good wake up call if nothing else.

Also, they will ask you to sign the back of the slip but it is really more of a reminder to leave a tip as there will be a space on the slip to do so. I like this as well as you don't have to rummage around to find small bills for the tip ... it goes right onto your folio.

There are just a few items that will incur a charge if you order them. It will be obviously stated on the room service menu when a charge will occur. Things like a shrimp cocktail plate, chocolate covered strawberries and as mentioned, a whole pizza, etc. Basics are without any additional charge, thhough.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Yes they have a hang tag you fill out your order, the time you want it and leave it on your door the night before.

Stewart will leave a new on on your bed each night at turn down

One of the nice things about Princess is that the gratuity for room service is included in the daily auto tips so no need to feel you have to tip a second time. If you want something that is not printed on the room service card just write it in and if they have it you will get it.

We usually order the room service breakfast when going ashore for the day. Yes, they are very prompt delivering at the time you request. :) I hand--write in 2, 3 or whatever chocolate chip cookies (learned this from Disney) and they will arrive with breakfast - we wrap them up in a napkin and enjoy as a snack when we return to the cabin after a day in the port. As someone said, the lasagne is delicious, and so is the Chili! :)

• 1 year later...

Thanks as long as something with eggs is there we are happy! Thought it was only pastries and cereal. :)

I don’t order until I get up whenever. It is almost unbelievable how fast it arrives...usually less than 10 minutes. I do it almost daily since I hate crowds or rushing anywhere in the morning. Last year I was on a 49 day cruise and with the exception of two days had breakfast from room service daily. They don’t require or expect a tip but I usually write a dollar or two. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only thing with eggs on the menu is the bacon, eggs and cheese muffin. Other egg dishes are only for passengers in full suites.
Thanks Paul...that will do most of the time. If time allows I'll go to the dining room, but my wife and I in the morning are usually harried...especially night owl me!

We too get breakfast room service most mornings on the ship, especially when headed off early for an excursion. We order double coffee, DH likes their sweet rolls, I get a yogurt or two, and some fresh fruit. That will last us until lunch wherever. Nothing like breakfast and coffee on the balcony.

We too get breakfast room service most mornings on the ship, especially when headed off early for an excursion. We order double coffee, DH likes their sweet rolls, I get a yogurt or two, and some fresh fruit. That will last us until lunch wherever. Nothing like breakfast and coffee on the balcony.
Jo Roy, I've been a broken record, but do you recall if they have a hot egg and bacon mufffin? Are you referring to a Princess Cruise, not sure what DH is? Thanks!

Jo Roy, I've been a broken record, but do you recall if they have a hot egg and bacon mufffin? Are you referring to a Princess Cruise, not sure what DH is? Thanks!

DH normally means Dear Husband/Darling Husband ... whatever it's your husband.

We seldom order from room service but I have occasionally for breakfast and the "Princess McMuffin" arrived very warm.