Private tour companies in St. Petersburgh

mamaofami

I can recommend MaxiBoltTours, I too am a scooter user. Myself and my daughter booked a two day private tour with them last year and have nothing but praise for them. We were treated like royalty did not queue to get into any of the places which we wanted to visit, always went into a different entrance. Our guide, Michael was so knowledgable and even took us to places we had not put on our list pf places we would like to visit, nothing was too much trouble. You can Google them, they have a very good website, when you contact them tell them which sites you really would like to visit and they will send you a price. I really cannot fault them. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

I would contact several of the frequently recommended tour companies mentioned on the Baltics ports of call forum

eg SPB Alla Anastasia TJ tours best guides and tell them your requirements

you will soon get a feeling which are more prepared to work with you or prefer to deal with standard group tours

they will have wheelchair accessible vans or can arrange for hire

Carol, I used Best Guides on my cruise last summer, and found them excellent to deal with. I was using a rollator instead of a scooter on the ship this time, and they provided a wheelchair for me to use during touring; a friend on the tour pushed. Guides in the various sites carried the wheelchair up/down stairs when there wasn't a ramp or elevator. They were very accommodating!

At least reach out to Best Guides to see what they can do for you.

• 5 months later...
Are there any private tour companies for disabled travelers, I use a scooter and am willing to pay.

I highly recommend Anastasia Travel. My husband is now in a scooter, but when we toured St. Petersburg he was walking, but just in short bits and very slowly. We had a private tour (just the 2 of us) with Anastasia Travel. A luxury car, a driver, and a wonderful guide. We saw all the "must see" sights, and even went to a folkloric show the first evening (this was a 2 day tour). The cost was quite reasonable, and they catered to whatever Dick was able to manage. If we return to St. Petersburg, we will definitely use them again and I'm sure they will accommodate his being on a scooter with no problem.

Jane

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there are quite a few independent companies that offer tours for disabled guests. You have already been given the name of some. I suggest that you also check out TripAdvisor - that will give you the names of the independent companies in St. Petersburg offering shore excursions. I would recommend that you contact some of them and see which would best accommodate your needs.

This is a very busy time in St. Petersburg so I would recommend reaching out to some companies as soon as possible - some of them more popular/well regarded companies book up quite early and though they may be equipped to accommodate guests with mobility issues, they may have no guides available for the dates you will be visiting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...