First time cruiser/ pensioner/disabled on scooter and elbow crutches

Hi all ...as above but I’m having problems with booking excursions ..I have a scooter and therefore can’t do accessible trips as only wheelchairs are accepted ! I did point out that if had a wheelchair I would need someone to push it !Im doing a Southampton Fjords cruise for a week in April and wondered if anyone else has hit this problem -they booked me an accessible cabin ...it’s taking the edge of the excitement as I can’t believe I’m the only person to use a scooter ...this is a huge deal for me as I’m recently widowed but a what was planned as a “ moving forward” trip is turning into a week onboard with no excursions xx

I'm not positive, but I think the issue may be the size of the mobility scooter. When we were in London, we were automatically told “no” because they assumed we had the conventional large mobility scooters. When we advised sources that we had the small travel mobility scooters, we were able to go everyplace. A bus driver even let us both ride at the same time. If you have a small travel scooter, please mention that and advise sources of weight and size.

We did the Fjords a couple years ago and booked private Fjord cruises in Stavanger and Geiranger. The Stavanger tour boarding point is just a short distance from where the ship docks. Scooted right to it.

Geiranger could be a different issue in that it is a “tender” port. Our ship was assigned to the floating dock, which I verified in advance through the local Port Authority. Most ship lines do not allow scooters on the tenders now. Thus chances are that you would not be able to get ashore.

In Alesund we took the local Hop on / hop off bus. It is just a short distance from the ship. And in Bergen I just identified sights we want to see on a Google map and we seen it on our own.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty .

If you are visiting Flam you can take the scooter on the railway. The station is about 200m flat ride from where the ship docks. In Stavanger you can book the Pulpit Rock with Rodne.no who leave about 50m flat ride from the ship. They will also give you 50% discount.

In Alesund and Bergen the HOHO buses stop just in front of the ship.

Have a look at visitnorway.no as it is the official tourist board website. Which ports are you visiting?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are visiting Flam you can take the scooter on the railway. The station is about 200m flat ride from where the ship docks. In Stavanger you can book the Pulpit Rock with Rodne.no who leave about 50m flat ride from the ship. They will also give you 50% discount.

In Alesund and Bergen the HOHO buses stop just in front of the ship.

Have a look at visitnorway.no as it is the official tourist board website. Which ports are

Where in the carriage would the scooter go? I assumed it would only be a wheelchair allowed in a designated space?