RCCL's new internet policy for crown and anchor members....not good!!

SF

Freedom - Laura spent 5 weeks on Freedom this fall and the 48 hour D+ coupon value will offset the internet cost when applied at 10AM on Wednesday. The pricing tends to get cheaper toward the end. Often deals such as two devices for price of one show up as well.

I fully expect to have full coverage for no cost on our March sail. That will probably be just one device on Monday and Tuesday though.

I was able to combine 2x60min (each voucher 60min)to one account in 2013. I will ask GS in about one month. Maybe it works...

Back in 2013 we were able to do that too, but not since the advent of the electronic coupons.

Freedom - Laura spent 5 weeks on Freedom this fall and the 48 hour D+ coupon value will offset the internet cost when applied at 10AM on Wednesday. The pricing tends to get cheaper toward the end. Often deals such as two devices for price of one show up as well.

I fully expect to have full coverage for no cost on our March sail. That will probably be just one device on Monday and Tuesday though.

Can you explain further why the coupon must be applied on day 4, Wed, and at a specific time? How is this done?

Is it one device at a time or only one device can be registered? We both want to use our smartphones.

... Is it one device at a time or only one device can be registered? We both want to use our smartphones.

One device at a time. You can use any number of different devices, as long as only one is logged in at a time.

Is it possible to combine 2 Diamond vouchers in one account (2x29,95=59,90) and spend it on 1 device week pass?

That sucks that they can't be combined. If I remember correctly we were able to do that on Celebrity Silhouette back in 2014. Don't know if that's changed.

Having not been on RC for a few years, I'm beginning to think they're getting a little cheesy lately with their not so great Q&A perks.

I think the perk is fantastic and since it is free how can a person complain. If you and husband/wife are both diamond you receive 2 days of free internet. Space it out, one day early in the cruise and one day late. Diamond plus each gets two days each and can be spread out any way you want. Just got off Indy, wifi on Apple is sometimes difficult to log on.

I think the perk is fantastic and since it is free how can a person complain. If you and husband/wife are both diamond you receive 2 days of free internet. Space it out, one day early in the cruise and one day late. Diamond plus each gets two days each and can be spread out any way you want. Just got off Indy, wifi on Apple is sometimes difficult to log on.

If you use it right, you can get 3 days. Use one of the coupons to buy unlimited internet on the second to last day and you'll get 2 days instead of just 1.

Saw this was an older post but since we were on Freedom and Majesty in the last 30 days I wanted to make an input.

On Freedom I got an $80 credit for a 7 day cruise for one device. It cost me $20 for the week. On Majesty I paid nothing for 4 days. Seems like a better plan to me!

Can you explain further why the coupon must be applied on day 4, Wed, and at a specific time? How is this done?

Is it one device at a time or only one device can be registered? We both want to use our smartphones.

If you use it right, you can get 3 days. Use one of the coupons to buy unlimited internet on the second to last day and you'll get 2 days instead of just 1.

John and Laura are D+ so if they wait until day 4 at around 10am to use one of their D+ credits they will have they will have free internet for the last four 24 hours periods or day left on a seven night cruise.

Same goes for a D member's credit to get the last two days, 24 hrs periods, for free as mentioned in the blackshirt post above. The other partner's internet credit/s can be use for 24 hours consecutive periods in the first part of the cruise.

Edited by robtulipe

Another perks I never managed to get round to using.

When cruising in Europe, it was easier just to use my the mobile phone at port to check emails. It's not expensive in EU.

I went to the Caribbean recently after many years and this is where I learnt that I should have made use of this perk. With 3 D/D+ members we would have had several days of internet access between us. Just seemed too much trouble.

Anyway I learnt a painful lesson. Switched on my phone with data roaming in Jamaica to check emails. Found out later that it cost me 20 pounds. Luckily it was a PAYG phone and that was all I had loaded as credit.

In future I will either pay for the on board internet or use WIFI hotspots at the port.

As for losing perks as a D member. It doesn't trouble me as other people on this forum. Good to have but it doesn't matter to me if the perks change or get removed. Also to break ranks, I prefer the 24 hr unlimited than the previous deal, especially if one of the offers is a discount on the internet package to cover the whole cruise. My point, not everyone is going to be up in arms about the change.

Saw this was an older post but since we were on Freedom and Majesty in the last 30 days I wanted to make an input.

On Freedom I got an $80 credit for a 7 day cruise for one device. It cost me $20 for the week. On Majesty I paid nothing for 4 days. Seems like a better plan to me!

This is to clarify your statement.

You and your travelling partner must be C&A D+ and used one of your internet credits to get no cost or free internet for the last four days or 24 hrs consecutive periods onboard each cruise. On the 7 night Freedom cruise your partner must have used their internet credits for two 24 hours periods leaving just one period at $20 being charge to your onboard account.

If two D+ members in the same cabin waits until the morning of day 2 to start using their internet credits they would have no cost internet package for the balance of their cruise. That's what we did on our first cruise of B2B on Freedom last October and B2B2B on Navigator in January 2015. We had free internet at our pre-cruise hotel so didn't really need it later on embarkation day 1. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

Another perks I never managed to get round to using.

When cruising in Europe, it was easier just to use my the mobile phone at port to check emails. It's not expensive in EU.

I went to the Caribbean recently after many years and this is where I learnt that I should have made use of this perk. With 3 D/D+ members we would have had several days of internet access between us. Just seemed too much trouble.

Anyway I learnt a painful lesson. Switched on my phone with data roaming in Jamaica to check emails. Found out later that it cost me 20 pounds. Luckily it was a PAYG phone and that was all I had loaded as credit.

In future I will either pay for the on board internet or use WIFI hotspots at the port.

As for losing perks as a D member. It doesn't trouble me as other people on this forum. Good to have but it doesn't matter to me if the perks change or get removed. Also to break ranks, I prefer the 24 hr unlimited than the previous deal, especially if one of the offers is a discount on the internet package to cover the whole cruise. My point, not everyone is going to be up in arms about the change.

You say it's too much trouble to go on to the ship's internet and sign on to get the free internet you're entitled to especially for a last four days package. It takes about two minutes to get on their Wi-Fi, provide your name, birthdate, onboard folio account number and set up a user name and password. This can be done with your own device or the ship's. :eek:

Edited by robtulipe

You say it's too much trouble to go on to the ship's internet and sign on to get the free internet you're entitled to especially for a last four days package. It takes about two minutes to get on their Wi-Fi, provide your name, birthdate, onboard folio account number and set up a user name and password. This can be done with your own device or the ship's. :eek:

You can also ask the concierge to set your device up. ;)

I for one have struggled in the past to use the log off website.

What I was trying to say earlier is that on Freedom, the internet access gets cheaper later in the week. And the value of your D+ coupon becomes more valuable. I can follow up in 3 weeks.

Edited by John&LaLa

What I was trying to say earlier is that on Freedom, the internet access gets cheaper later in the week. And the value of your D+ coupon becomes more valuable. I can follow up in 3 weeks.

You mean that it was too difficult to type in: logoff.com ?????

:confused:

I agree, found the speeds not too bad as well.:D

Good tip.:D

I found if you start the 24 hours at around 1pm you actually get to use it on two days anyway.

Edited by MicCanberra

Good points and I have taken these on board for future trips.

I think in the past, the on board internet was perceived to be too slow and the free allowance was not enough to be meaningful. Hence, preferred to simply use my mobile at ports. Not a huge cost in Europe given the network I am on.

It was a different matter when I visited the Caribbean. Will now make better use of D perks. Lesson learnt.

John what I do when on the ship's internet is once the log page shows you're logged on thus your time remaining is showing is that I open up one or more pages to work with thus leaving the log on page as is. You can either click on the new tab in the address bar or hit the Take To The Web in the logged on message. Also this is handy as all you need to do is click on its tab to see how much time is remaining on your package.

Once I'm done I can simply go back to the logged on page and click on the Log Off button there while noting how much time is left on our current package. Once in awhile I forget to do the above and just type in logoff.com as Carol mentioned.

On our B2B Freedom and actually on all of the cruises we've done in the last year or so since this new internet system started, which have been 7 on 4 different RCI ships the only late cruise special I can recall is a one hour special on the last full day onboard for about half the consecutive 24 hour period cost aimed at those who simply want to do their next day flight check in.

Of course the cost of a rest of the cruise package gets less as it is prorated as to the days remaining.

One interesting thing when doing all of the above cruises was when I set up a internet package for the last four days which was at no cost with my D+ credit the system actually gave us 5 days internet time which we then used until the morning of day 2 of the next cruise when doing our B2B cruises on Freedom and B2B2B on Navigator. :confused: but :)

Edited by robtulipe

I'm onboard right now, and it's $80 off a package. Normally $140 for the week with one device, I'm paying $60 [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robyn

I see from your roll call you're onboard with DH and DD so your internet could have been at no cost using their D+ credits for two 24 consecutive 24 hour periods each get as all should be D+ if residing in same home. ;)

John what I do when on the ship's internet is once the log page shows you're logged on thus your time remaining is showing is that I open up one or more pages to work with thus leaving the log on page as is. You can either click on the new tab in the address bar or hit the Take To The Web in the logged on message. Also this is handy as all you need to do is click on its tab to see how much time is remaining on your package.

Once I'm done I can simply go back to the logged on page and click on the Log Off button there while noting how much time is left on our current package. Once in awhile I forget to do the above and just type in logoff.com as Carol mentioned.

On our B2B Freedom and actually on all of the cruises we've done in the last year or so since this new internet system started, which have been 7 on 4 different RCI ships the only late cruise special I can recall is a one hour special on the last full day onboard for about half the consecutive 24 hour period cost aimed at those who simply want to do their next day flight check in.

Of course the cost of a rest of the cruise package gets less as it is prorated as to the days remaining.

One interesting thing when doing all of the above cruises was when I set up a internet package for the last four days which was at no cost with my D+ credit the system actually gave us 5 days internet time which we then used until the morning of day 2 of the next cruise when doing our B2B cruises on Freedom and B2B2B on Navigator. :confused: but :)

I noticed the same thing on our Oasis cruise. Got the 5 day unlimited package and was surprised that the 6th/disembarking day the internet was available till we vacated the cabin.