Rendezvous Resort

mrk42

Can anyone tell me what I may expect to pay for a taxi for 2 people to the Rendezvous Resort? Is it within a reasonable walking distance for us seniors ?

( who are in fairly decent shape!!) Thanks.

We stayed at Rendezvous a few years ago. Fabulous by the way. We did walk from the hotel into Castries town which is a bit further than the cruise ship terminal. From what I recall part of the walk is around the airfield and along a busy road. It might have taken about half an hour. A taxi from the terminal should be quite quick and inexpensive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi - Just got back from a great cruise! Spent the day at Rendezvous Resort in St Lucia. Had a day pass and worth every penny. Taxi was $30 round trip for 2. That included tip. We did ask the driver to return at 3pm and he was prompt.

You could walk the distance but I would not want to miss a moment there.

Sue

Hi - Just got back from a great cruise! Spent the day at Rendezvous Resort in St Lucia. Had a day pass and worth every penny. Taxi was $30 round trip for 2. That included tip. We did ask the driver to return at 3pm and he was prompt.

Sue

Thanks so much for letting us know Sue. We'll be doing the same very soon! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to know also

carol

There are numerous, nunerous posts about this, including contact info, etc. A quick search of the forum brings then up.

Basically, $65pp for your day, all-inclusive resort and pass is all-inclusive. It is a couple only adult only resort, so solos or groups of 3 or 5 generally not allowed. You do need to book and confirm in advance. Info is at their website also.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
There are numerous, nunerous posts about this, including contact info, etc. A quick search of the forum brings then up.

Basically, $65pp for your day, all-inclusive resort and pass is all-inclusive. It is a couple only adult only resort, so solos or groups of 3 or 5 generally not allowed. You do need to book and confirm in advance. Info is at their website also.

Enjoy.

I did not see any info on their website. Am I missing something?

• 3 weeks later...

you could contact them at Angus at theromanticholiday dot com Had to email him twice. The first time he didn't respond, the second time he responded quickly

He sent me the following info:

Half day pass (Morning) Includes Breakfast, Drinks and use of resort facilities from 8:00am to 12 noon. Cost US$49.00

Half day pass (afternoon) Includes Lunch, Afternoon tea, Drinks and use of resort facilities from 12 noon to 6:00pm cost US$65.00.

I asked about being there from 9-3. very accomodating. Said it would be $65 but only included lunch not breakfast. Did include drinks.

Hope this helps!!!

We visited last week for the first time. Very nice day - we arrived at 9:00 and left at 3:00 p.m. Amazing lunch and drinks all provided. We will definitely return. My only complaint was when we arrived at 9:00 a.m. all the chairs/umbrellas on the beach had towels with clips or other personal times on them (sort of a chair hog scene on the ship:;)) We found a few chairs vacant but without umbrellas. We ended hanging out at the pool area - and even there it was hard to find a chair out of the sun. Obviously the hotel guests get first dibs but it was disappointing to pay the $65 and then walk out and realize less than great chairs were available. But it would not stop me from returning. Very relaxing day and great service. Beautiful grounds!

What did they serve for lunch? Alcohol drinks? How did you get to the resort? Taxi? If so what was the charge?

I can totally understand that hotel guests get first dibs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Lunch was grilled on the beach - large tables set up buffet style - they grilled steak, pork chops, King Fish (best fish I have ever had), and BBQ Chicken, roasted potatoes, several different vegetables, numerous salads, rice dishes, rolls. Everything really was good and in abundance. They also had a dessert table set up with many different desserts that were really good. Once seated in their restaurant area (only the food was on the beach) they took our drink order - I ordered a glass of wine and they brought a carafe to the table. You could order anything as its all inclusive.

There was a swim up bar in one of the pools - any alcoholic drink or non alcoholic drink you want is available. And there are people walking around taking orders throughout the day. At the pool, there was a guy that brought a bottle of water to us as soon as we were seated and put it in a bucket of ice along with glasses. About an hour later he was walking around handing out frozen "ice pops" - in various flavors. We constantly were asked if we would like something.

We went to the resort by taxi and paid $10 each way. We asked our morning taxi to return at 3:00 and he was on time. The first taxi at the dock quoted $17 - we said no - as the hotel had told us it should cost $10 - so we stood firm and the second driver agreed.

We will definitely return. The grounds are beautiful. It is a quiet place. Don't expect a crazy beach place - I didn't hear any music - just couples only - actually older demographic at that. If you want a clean well maintained place that is also pretty, quiet to relax and read, swim and be waited on with good food - this is the place for you!

• 1 month later...

Enjoy.

It's now been increased from $65 to $105 for a half day pass - 10am to 4pm

It's now been increased from $65 to $105 for a half day pass - 10am to 4pm

i noticed that also. i may do a catamaran excursion instead. add in the cost of taxi and tips....not a good value

Sent from my RCT6603W87M7 using Tapatalk

Sue

-edit- Scratch that - I need to read the whole thread before asking questions. Thanks!

Dan.