St Lucia scuba diving tour operator recommendation

Rayden Lightning

Can anyone recommend a scuba diving tour operator to go diving with inSt. Lucia off of a cruise ship?

I wanted to go with Scuba Steve but I am put off by the factthat they change 100% of the fee (NO refund) if your cruise ship arrives late(has happened to me) or misses the port of call (has happened to me). People write that Scuba Steve is "VERYSTRICT" on their no change policy.

Seems very unfair to charge all of the divers off of thesame cruise ship for something that is out of their control. I read that SCUBA Steve's will meet you onthe dock but that does absolutely no good if the ship is late or does notarrive.

So I want to book with someone else or VERY worst case scenario findanother activity for the three of us to do.

Thanks

Rayden

Can anyone recommend a scuba diving tour operator to go diving with inSt. Lucia off of a cruise ship?

I wanted to go with Scuba Steve but I am put off by the factthat they change 100% of the fee (NO refund) if your cruise ship arrives late(has happened to me) or misses the port of call (has happened to me). People write that Scuba Steve is "VERYSTRICT" on their no change policy.

Seems very unfair to charge all of the divers off of thesame cruise ship for something that is out of their control. I read that SCUBA Steve's will meet you onthe dock but that does absolutely no good if the ship is late or does notarrive.

So I want to book with someone else or VERY worst case scenario findanother activity for the three of us to do.

Thanks

Rayden

Take a look at Island Divers, the have several dive pass options as they are associated with the Ti Kaye Resort.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Rayden

I nearly booked with these people, only at the last minute when I printed out the booking form did I read their NO REFUND policy. If the ship is late or fails to arrive they will charge your Credit Card the full amount.

• 4 weeks later...

I emailed Island Divers and Dive St Lucia yesterday. DSL said they would not recommend doing a trip with them with the hours I had in port (8am-5pm) because of their distance from the port.

Island Divers will pick us up at port at 8:30am and have us back by 3pm. I inquired about the policy if the boat doesn't make it to port and the response was "please wait until the last minute to worry about the cruise ship". Their booking policy says more than 12 hours notice there is no charge, less than 12 hours is 50% back. They require 4 people to take a boat out so they have my info if someone else inquires about the same day. I was emailing with two separate people so I will get more clarification on the cancellation policy before I actually confirm the booking.

• 3 months later...

Resurrecting an older thread just to add some information. Island Divers still has not found the 2 additional Divers that they require to take their boat out so I started looking for other shops because my cruise leaves in two weeks. I came across the shop Dive Fair Helen last night and emailed them some questions. I had a response from them this morning stating that they can take out cruise passengers, we can change our date if our itinerary changes because of the hurricanes, and that if the ship doesn't dock we won't be charged. This is by far the most flexible cancellation policy that I have found.

Drawback: it does look like a big boat and it takes out both snorkelers and Divers on the same trip. I'm okay with this. With all of these hurricanes swirling around I'd rather have a flexible booking/cancellation policy over a private boat. I know this isn't for everyone though. I can post a review when I get back if anyone is interested, but the reviews on TA are good.