Owner's Suite???

B-52

Looking for input from people who stay in a owner's suite

We always stay in a GS, and like it just fine.

However, on our next cruise, we are tempted to stay in a owner's suite, just for the experience.

People who book these rooms, I need to ask...Why?

Or I should say what do you like about them????

Like I said, I am very tempted....

If there's just the 2 of you, you'll have more space in an OS than you really need...and you'll pay for it! You get the same "perks" in the GS, for a bundle less....if you really want 2 separate rooms, then go ahead and get the OS...they're very nice! But...not needed if a GS is good for your cruising lifestyle!

It's really personal preference!

Looking for input from people who stay in a owner's suite

We always stay in a GS, and like it just fine.

However, on our next cruise, we are tempted to stay in a owner's suite, just for the experience.

People who book these rooms, I need to ask...Why?

Or I should say what do you like about them????

Like I said, I am very tempted....

Yhe OS has a full size dining table inside the stateroom. It also has a seperate shower and bathtub, plus a bidet.

Agreed. For 2, the GS is plenty of space! If you're going to entertain, or going with a large group and want to have sail away on your balcony, or dinner for 4 inside or outside, then splurge on the OS. Also depends on which ship you're cruising on, as not all OS are the same. Ours was on Oasis. Can't speak for the others.

We stayed in an OS a few cruises back, spoiled us big time! We did it because we got it at a great price. Got hooked on suites after that cruise but now we generally will book a GS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had an Owner's Suite on the Oasis and the Balcony was GiNormus!! It was awesome. It was a beautiful Suite but I think I prefer the Crown Lofts. Maybe you should go ahead and try it once! Enjoy, whichever suite you decide on.

Very interested in what everyone had to say as we love to cruise in grand suites. But have booked an owner suite for our next cruise because we got if for a great price and on board credit. If you can get it for a great price it would be worth giving it a try.

Edited by Jasp 0401

We've done the OS at least three times. We prefer it over a GS due to the size of the stateroom. We usually cruise with several friends and find the size is perfect for hosting small get togethers. My husband loves the large balcony which is great for scuba divers. Plenty of room to dry out the wetsuit and scuba gear. I love the bathroom. A tub is a must.

Is that the only reason you choose to stay in a OS?

The OS is also larger than the GS. Note that the main bed in the OS cannot be split into two beds, so that may be a reason to stick with the GS.

Edited by clarea

We have been doing an OS when we cruise on Freedom and really enjoy the extra room we have plus the larger bathroom with a stand up shower. Another nice feature for us is ordering room service for breakfast and having the server come in and spread a table cloth and placing all the food out on the table for us. There is also a wrap around sofa on the opposite side of the room from the bed, so its nice to stretch out and watch TV and relax. Also the TV rotates so you can turn it around when you head to bed. The balcony is huge, with a smaller table plus lounge chairs and two single chairs. Can't think of a better way to sip a cup of coffee, and watch the sun rise over the Caribbean. I would say, if its in your budget and won't break the bank, give it a try, I know you will enjoy the room !

I was on Quatum last December and will do Anthem in January simple to get away from the cold and not fly. My preference is certainly not RCCl. If I was spending the money on a suite I would much rather go on my lines of preference,Seabourn or Crystal. There is absolutely no comparison. The dining on the premium lines is superlative as is the service. Besides, there are no drink packages or tipping as it is all included. Try them, you will be impressed.

The bathroom in the OS is nicer than the GS in my opinion. The GS bathroom is kind of a glorified JS bathroom. The OS bathroom is much bigger. Our OS had a big jacuzzi tub and a separate square glass shower stall. We had double sinks, drawers for storage, and a big counter. And there's a bidet! ;) It's truly a fantastic bathroom.

The suite itself is larger and having a dining table was a plus for us. I also liked the sofa/sectional/lounger better in the OS than the normal sofa in the GS. The living room was larger and more comfortable. I think the balcony of our OS was about the same size (sq ft) as a GS, but it was laid out differently and seemed a bit more private. (This will vary according to what class of ship. Our OS bedroom stuck out on one side of the balcony, so we only had a neighbor on one side.)

If the price difference were reasonable, I'd definitely go for the OS - I loved it!:p

Judy

It may depend on the ship you are on, but I've been studying this on the Navigator, where we have booked an OS. Our previous RCCL cruise was on Freedom in a GS. From what I can tell, at least on Navigator, the OS and GS have pretty much the same depth from door to balcony, and the same balcony depth, but the OS rooms are wider. It would seem that the OS is about 5 feet wider. In this, you get additional width in the bathroom to accommodate the separate shower and bidet, otherwise, the GS and OD bathrooms are identical. This extra width also accommodates a large sofa and dining are in the OS, and of course a wider balcony.

Very interested in what everyone had to say as we love to cruise in grand suites. But have booked an owner suite for our next cruise because we got if for a great price and on board credit. If you can get it for a great price it would be worth giving it a try.

The only down side in an OS on Voyager, the bedroom is wider and goes to the edge of the hull, this means that the balcony is a lot shorter than a GS, and balconies on Voyager are not the deep.

The only down side in an OS on Voyager, the bedroom is wider and goes to the edge of the hull, this means that the balcony is a lot shorter than a GS, and balconies on Voyager are not the deep.

It actually depends on the ship. For example, the Navigator has cantilevered balconies like the Freedom class ships, so the OS on it have a full width balcony.

Here's a video I found showing the OS we have booked on Navigator:

Our OS was on Voyager, and that's exactly why I thought the balcony was really no bigger than the GS. It was large enough, though, and the spacious living room made it easy to invite people in. And the bedroom was large with a big vanity and a comfy chaise lounge. The vanity had a very nice lighted magnifying make-up mirror that I enjoyed using.

Here are some pics of the OS bathroom that we totally loved on Voyager…beautiful marble floor, marble tile, jetted tub also had a hand sprayer, pretty tile mosaic on the wall over the tub, marble tile & glass shower, double sinks with granite countertop, matching granite shelf behind the toilet, lots of storage, and of course, the handy-dandy bidet.

Judy

DSCN1769.jpg

DSCN1764.jpg

DSCN1768.jpg

We had the grand suite (1324) the last time we were on the Voyager and loved the balconey. We have the owner suite 1320 which is next to it this time. Looking at the deck plan the balcony looks no where as big as the grand suites.We got a great deal on the suite so thought why not.

Our OS was on Voyager, and that's exactly why I thought the balcony was really no bigger than the GS. It was large enough, though, and the spacious living room made it easy to invite people in. And the bedroom was large with a big vanity and a comfy chaise lounge. The vanity had a very nice lighted magnifying make-up mirror that I enjoyed using.

Here are some pics of the OS bathroom that we totally loved on Voyager…beautiful marble floor, marble tile, jetted tub also had a hand sprayer, pretty tile mosaic on the wall over the tub, marble tile & glass shower, double sinks with granite countertop, matching granite shelf behind the toilet, lots of storage, and of course, the handy-dandy bidet.

Judy

DSCN1769.jpg

DSCN1764.jpg

DSCN1768.jpg

Love the photo

Thanks

Edited by Jasp 0401

Hi Trish, the balcony on 1320 is bigger than the other OS on the Voyager because of the hump. It was great, we could see forward and stern.

Enjoy your cruise and you will love this OS - you aren't coming on the NYE cruise this year?

Here are some photos I took of it when we had it:

125p8gh.jpg

205whf6.jpg

2vxlw76.jpg

2yyvzuc.jpg

Cheers

Di

Hi Trish, the balcony on 1320 is bigger than the other OS on the Voyager because of the hump. It was great, we could see forward and stern.

Enjoy your cruise and you will love this OS - you aren't coming on the NYE cruise this year?

Here are some photos I took of it when we had it:

125p8gh.jpg

205whf6.jpg

2vxlw76.jpg

2yyvzuc.jpg

Cheers

Di

HI Di

No NYE cruise this year as Darryl has to work:(.

Thanks for the photos the balcony looks bigger than I was expecting.We had booked the grand suite next door. But got a great up grade offer on our last cruise that was just to good to pass up.

Cheers Trish

Thanks for all your input.....pictures, videos, all very helpful.

I'm going to call RCI later today, and IF they will honor all my discounts, credits, etc. we have on our GS for our next cruise, then I will upgrade to a OS.....

Just to try it at least once.

One last question....would you say that a OS gets a little more attention than staying in a GS? Not a deal breaker, just curious.