Special diet for coeliac on QM2?

matilda

Has anyone travelled on QM2 who needs a gluten free diet? If so, did you have any trouble being served the correct food? My friend is a coeliac and has had a hard time getting the right food on the Volendam in Alaska. They are booked on the QM2 in October, and are thinking of cancelling. Can anyone help with information please.

You really should get your travel agent to check with Cunard's special services desk (or whatever they call the department that deals with special needs). They provide special diets on request but this issue has come up before with other cruise lines over the years.. as far as you are coming it would be a shame to make final payment and then find out there is a problem

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join me on the beautiful Diamond Princess in July 2005 for Cruise Critic's Awesome Alaskan Adventure --You'll have a whale of a good time! icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

One can never have too many days at sea..</font>

I have been sailing for over 10 years with a LACTOSE problem. I send my security form in by fax and include another page describing the problem and solutions that have worked in the past.

Cunard usually does a real good job with special diets. My message usually gets to an assistant MatreD and they get me the meal menus ahead of time so together we can figure out what they should make for me. They have a special section where they make meals to order, and my special needs are met there. It has been several cruises ago - the last time Cunard tried to give me something I couldn't eat, and the waiter and I caught it at the same time before dmage was done.

The lido/Kings Court may be a bit of a challenge, but if you ask questions and look at what they offer, you should make out there too. They have several carved meat options for lunch. Look for the eggs made to order with the real thing. After that, I'll have to let you figure out your own needs.

So get on the boat and enjoy!

QE2 1969 x2, 1978 x2, 2001 x2 1 trip in 1991, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003

SS France 1972 x2 and 1974 x1 SS Raffaello 1974 & 1975

Sea Venture 1974 to Bermuda SS Rotterdam 1976 & 1977 Nassau & Bermuda

Noordam 1992 & 94/95 Statendam 1993

Horizon 1996

Galaxy 1997 - trip #3 ??

Windward (Now Norwegian Wind) 1997 3 trips before lengthening

Ryndam 1999 Amsterdam - New Years 02/03 Serenade Of The Seas 2003 trip #7

QM2 trip 2 1/31/04

Single since 1991 except Serenade.

QM2 11/6/04 & keeping an open mind for others.

Queen Victoria - Maiden year?

Archived