Evening dinner times in the Grills?

Fox trotter

I understand that evening dinner in the grills is 6.30 until 9.00 pm. Does this mean service finishes at 9 or is it possible to commence dining at say 8.45?

My wife and I spend quite a lot of time dancing in the Queens room, so we like to plan dinner time around dance sessions.

I may be shot down here but I would be embarrassed turning up at 8.45 the very latest would be 8.30 and that would be a through the door time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why ?

If the time stated is 9PM then that's the time you need to be sat at your table for. That's the time they stop taking orders, not the time that stop cooking.

If I may be so bold, perhaps one might clarify with Cunard before the embarkation date - or with the maître d'hôtel once on board - whether 9pm is the time by which to be seated, or the time at which the dining room closes.

That should clear up any misunderstandings with much more authoritative certainty than polling the fine denizens of CruiseCritic.com for their varying opinions.

I'm guessing that - based on the cost of travelling in the Grills - the onboard servers will likely be lenient in the application of such constraints. But I might still propose going to the source for the most reliable response.

https://res.cloudinary.com/complex/image/upload/c_limit,w_680/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/txftfnl3oozcldbp4hig.jpg

I understand that evening dinner in the grills is 6.30 until 9.00 pm. Does this mean service finishes at 9 or is it possible to commence dining at say 8.45?

My wife and I spend quite a lot of time dancing in the Queens room, so we like to plan dinner time around dance sessions.

My opinion would be that it is fine arriving late if you are a table for 2, perhaps not very considerate if you are sharing a table.

The 7.45pm Sequence dancing and/or the Strict Tempo dancing will often finish at 8.30/8.35pm ish . The various 7.45pm cocktail receptions ( Captains, World Club & Senior officers) will finish at 8.30pm. Often folk ( like me) will linger, finishing a drink or chatting and then 'saunter along' to their respective restaurants by 8.45pm .

You'll have no problem, however, common sense prevails....... I wouldn't like to arrive at 9pm ;)