Aft cabin or not?

Jlgrhodes

Hello,

My family of 3 are first time cruisers. We have booked the Norweigan Bliss for January 2019. We have selected an AFT cabin at the rear however I'm not sure if that was the best choice? We have made our deposit so final payment isnt due until September so I can change if need be. Any input, experiences etc would be greatly appreicated.

Cheers!

Some people love an aft cabin as you can see from the previous posts. My husband and I will often pick a chair on the Sun Deck that faces aft because we like to watch the wake.

However, we don't believe we would be happy with the potential cabin vibrations from the engines.

As suggested, best place to ask is the NCL forum.

You could also check to see if your cabin is listed here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2060845

We also love aft facing staterooms. Relaxing on our balcony with the wake stretching out behind us is almost like being on our own private yacht. The only downside is that it can be quite a walk to a number of on board destinations. But then, that helps with walking off some of the delicious meals we've enjoyed.

I'm in the minority but will never pick an aft cabin. Did a cabin crawl on the Epic a few years ago and the thrusters kicked in during a stop in an aft penthouse as well as neighboring balcony. The vibrations were loud and there was a lot of shaking. No way we would want to experience that every time we entered or left a port.