Hotel near cruise terminal in Tampa

Coveguy4

Hi, Looking to book a hotel for the night before upcoming cruise on Empress to Cuba. Any with free shuttle to pier that you would recommend? Haven't been to Tampa in over 30 years and would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks

I cruised once out of Tampa two years ago and at that time stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Ybor District. It was a great location, very close to the Port of Tampa. Back then they had a complimentary shuttle which if I'm not mistaken took us ( party of 4) free to the port. Of course I tipped the driver. Hotel also close to some nice restaurants and nightlife. Courtesy shuttle also took us shopping and waited for us.. No charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, Looking to book a hotel for the night before upcoming cruise on Empress to Cuba. Any with free shuttle to pier that you would recommend? Haven't been to Tampa in over 30 years and would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks

Marriott Waterside and Embassy Suites Downtown. Less than a mile to the port.....

• 3 months later...

I second the thank you for the information. Am also cruising on the Empress in October, and I will be flying in from Detroit and meeting a friend who will be driving over from Daytona Beach.

We stayed at Barrymore a couple week ago. Reasonable price and free shuttle to the pier.

I'm booked at The Barrymore next week before our cruise. How were the rooms/amenities? Not that it has to be great-we're only going to sleep there. Also, were there restaurants/shops nearby (walking distance)?

Thanks!

In January of 2016, we stayed precruise at Le Meridien in Tampa. It is a federal courthouse that was converted into a hotel, and it's beautiful. They have a wonderful restaurant and a bakery as well. They had a free shuttle to the port. They use big bus-like luxury vans, and you can also have them shuttle you for free anywhere within a so-many mile radius.

http://www.lemeridientampa.com/

I live in Tampa, The Barrymore is nice, but towards the end of the Tampa Riverwalk. you are within walking distance to a lot of restaurants. I would recommend Ulele for a nice dinner the night before your cruise. Take a walk on the riverwalk also, its 2+ miles long with great views.

What about a hotel with free cruise parking as well as shuttle?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd like to know this as well since we will have a vehicle. If no free cruise parking at hotel, is there a secured lot nearby or is parking at the terminal fairly reasonable?:rolleyes:

I'd like to know this as well since we will have a vehicle. If no free cruise parking at hotel, is there a secured lot nearby or is parking at the terminal fairly reasonable?:rolleyes:

Terminal parking is $15/day.

Terminal parking is $15/day.

Well, that's not too bad but, if a hotel offers free parking, we'll need to mull it over. We parked at the terminal @ PC and it sure was super convenient to get to our car immediately and head out!!!:D:hearteyes: Will need to decide whether or not we want to be pampered, I guess!!;)

Haha! Thanks Bob!!

I second the vote for Le Meridien! It was awesome. And I actually did some searching before booking it and found that if you do the "name your own price option" on Priceline.com and chose a certain area and certain amount of "star rating" hotel that this is the hotel you get. We did it and it put us at Le Meridien for I believe was less than $100 for the night. The shuttle was an awesome Mercedes Benz luxury transport/shuttle bus. Rooms were great and very clean. Would highly recommend. We did this a few years ago so Ill do some research and see if I can find the blog that said what area and what star rating to bid on to get it.

biddingtraveler.com showed that you need to bid for "downtown" Tampa for a 4 star and you'll either win The Westin Tampa Harbour Island or Le Meridien. Suggested to bid between $94-96 for the night and you should get it. We did this and ended up with Le Meridien and it was AWESOME. If you are a person who HAS to know where you are staying when you book then this probably isnt the way to go but I was comfortable knowing it was going to be between the two hotels listed above and for an unbeatable price. Happy bidding!

I live in Tampa, The Barrymore is nice, but towards the end of the Tampa Riverwalk. you are within walking distance to a lot of restaurants. I would recommend Ulele for a nice dinner the night before your cruise. Take a walk on the riverwalk also, its 2+ miles long with great views.

Awesome! Thanks!

• 5 months later...

It’s a pretty decent hotel. The area is pretty heavy with traffic on weekdays as it’s smack middle of the Westshore business district. But you do have a shopping mall about a mile away with some good restaurants. It’s a HoLiday inn, so nothing special, but it is clean. It’s a pretty good haul to Port of Tampa from there (about 20 mins) But the shuttle is free and breakfast included. You won’t find anything closer with parking included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ybor City, downtown Tampa, the airport area. All good areas. Uber isn’t more than $15 from those areas to pier if you can’t find a shuttle

I believe taxis from the downtown area to the pier are a flat rate of $6 per person.