Symphony Check-in procedure

I am due to sail on the Symphony next week.

I have heard that if you use the new Royal App, during check-in there is no need to queue at the desk, you just go through security and onto the ship.

Has anyone been on the Symphony in the last couple of weeks that can confirm ?

Thanks

Everyone is sent to the check-in counters, no other options available. Beside the picture that has been taken before no real benefit with using the app. They use two terminals so plenty of counters available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No problems checking in last week, all went smoothly and from arriving at the terminal to boarding was no more than 10 minutes.

Debarking was just as quick, we carried our luggage off at 06:30 and got a taxi to the airport arriving there at 07:00.

I am also on the upcoming cruise on the Symphony out of Barcelona. On the newer ships, if you uploaded your picture when you did online check-in, they have personnel walking around with iPads to check that you are who you say you are, etc. I know that on the Ovation & Allure, I basically walked right on board the ship after they checked my identity.

Not sure about the App as I just saw that they have a new App which I downloaded. My setsail pass shows up once I sign in but I don't see the picture that I uploaded. Guess we will all find out when we get to the ship.

Patti

Boarded yesterday.

Complete joke !!!

You stand in the car park (rain or shine - and yesterday it was raining heavily).

A few guys collecting luggage and within 10 yards you have 2 checkin lines.

All this exposed to the weather.

Everyone just pushes foward because theg dont know what to do and it is every man for him or herself.

Royal or the port staff need to sort this out as really poor first impression.

At least split the lines properly. Bag drop then a decent space before the std checkin line and then another for diamond and up.

Yesterday we had people just climb under the rope barriers and it was a farce.

Once under cover you fo through security screening.

Then you have the long line of checkin desks.

We got the most poorly trained staff member ive ever encountered anywhere. The staff member next to us checked in 8 families while we were stood waiting with zero communication from a girl clearly outnof her depths.

Now, they have dozens of checkin desks and ALL guests then have to walk along the row of desks to get to departure area - can you imagine all those guests trying to get down a 3ft wide passageway - at the same time non checked in guests are trying to cut across to reach their desk.

For those wondering about staff with ipads - forget it.

Photo submitted before you get there? Nice but its taken again.

Dint forget the health form thrust into you hand (no pens) just as you join the allocated line.

A total disaster of a checkin for us.

Boarded yesterday.

Complete joke !!!

You stand in the car park (rain or shine - and yesterday it was raining heavily).

Everyone just pushes foward because theg dont know what to do and it is every man for him or herself.

At least split the lines properly. Bag drop then a decent space before the std checkin line and then another for diamond and up.

We got the most poorly trained staff member ive ever encountered anywhere. The staff member next to us checked in 8 families while we were stood waiting with zero communication from a girl clearly outnof her depths.

Now, they have dozens of checkin desks and ALL guests then have to walk along the row of desks to get to departure area - can you imagine all those guests trying to get down a 3ft wide passageway - at the same time non checked in guests are trying to cut across to reach their desk.

Dint forget the health form thrust into you hand (no pens) just as you join the allocated line.

How disappointing to hear about your experience. I wonder what happened between your experience and the easy experience that occurred for someone else last week.

I hope the balance of your experience is better, along with mine this coming week.

Patti

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Evidently whatever was wrong with earlier checking in has been solved. Check in for the April 21st cruise was easy. Yes, no iPads and we had to go to a counter but that wasn’t bad either. No additional picture was taken. The picture I uploaded was used.

Patti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boarded yesterday.

Complete joke !!!

I have done a number of Barcelona embarkations. Most have gone smoothly but one or two have been chaos, very much in line with above.

When things go wrong or the perhaps the usual guy in charge doesn't turn up to work, ground crew do seem clueless on how to manage things properly.

With Symphony, I understand 2 terminals are used. So it is possible for some to have a really good embarkation experience and others to have a really bad one.

I have done a number of Barcelona embarkations. Most have gone smoothly but one or two have been chaos, very much in line with above.

When things go wrong or the perhaps the usual guy in charge doesn't turn up to work, ground crew do seem clueless on how to manage things properly.

With Symphony, I understand 2 terminals are used. So it is possible for some to have a really good embarkation experience and others to have a really bad one.

They do use 2 terminals. The problem with that is at the end of the cruise. I had a car picking me up and there is no way for a car service to know which side you will exiting; B or C. The side you go to is depending on what number your exit luggage tag is. I was able to call my car service

& tell them.

On a good note for your luggage pickup, they use a numbered luggage carousel similar to that used at airports; again the number is based on your exit luggage tag. Unlike the airport which seems to just throw your bags on a carousel, these are place nicely with the ease of removing the in mind.

Patti

We board next Sunday. Are there separate lines for loyalty status? Do they adhere to the check in times selected online! We have a 11.00 to 11.30 slot so hopefully that won’t be too busy.

We board next Sunday. Are there separate lines for loyalty status? Do they adhere to the check in times selected online! We have a 11.00 to 11.30 slot so hopefully that won’t be too busy.

Yes, their are lines for loyalty status, as well as for suite guests. I also had the same time slot. The ride from the hotel to the port was shorter than anticipated so we actually got to the port just before 11AM; no problem.

Enjoy your cruise.

Patti