Another breakfast question, I am afraid!..

Bozzie67

Room service breakfast is good but not always hot enough IMO, especially eggs. You have an expanded menu being in a CC cabin. You can order the night before via a room hang tag with a 15 or 30 minute window for delivery. They will usually call you when they are coming, but often they are right out side your door when they call. No charge for room service except during the early morning ours, midnight to 5:00 am or so.

We've found that you can get pretty much anything in most classes if it's a reasonable item. Like ham and cheese omelet. We just write it in. We've never had an issue with things being hot enough. Maybe we've been lucky.

This wasn't exactly the OP's question, but make sure you check off or write in everything you need: butter, jelly, sugar, cream for the coffee, etc. You can't depend on room service to know (or remember) what extras you'll need. You will be a lot more satisfied with breakfast if you're not sitting there with no butter for your toast, or whatever.

Toast is almost always cold due to timing of deliv and when it is fresh...go with fresh rolls!

What kind of rolls are offered for breakfast or are you talking about danish type pastries? A bit of a difference.

Breakfast is usually OK. Get's cold quickly. But, having breakfast on the balcony is so worth it. We use room service at least twice a day, sometimes 3. Nice to each lunch or a snack on the balcony too :)

This is one of our favorite things about cruising.

Biggest problem we have with room service is there really isn’t a place to eat- on of us uses the vanity and the other crouches over the small table in the cabin. If the weather is nice the table on the balcony is too smal, for 2 to have a meal unless your in a suite with a larger table.

Toast, bagels and English muffins are always cold, not a easy thing to remedy as by the time they are toasted, put in baskets, placed on trays and delivery from the kitchen to a cabin is probably 7-15 minutes.

I felt the quality of room service breakfast was as good as the dining room, but since it's delivered to your room, it gets to room temperature pretty quickly. I agree with the above comment about ordering all the extras, such as cream for your coffee and butter for your toast. Also be sure to fill in the number of people, so you get more than one set of silverware. I also order something extra, like a banana or yogurt, so I have a snack for later. We are sure to clear off the coffee table in front of the couch before bedtime, so it is ready for the room service tray. I just love eating on the balcony, so I don't mind if the eggs have cooled some. If I remember correctly, you can get small danishes, croissants, english muffins, bagels, muffins, as well as toast. I think we too stay away from the toast since it does cool off quickly. My favorite CC breakfast is a mixed fruit smoothie, eggs with asparagus and sausage links. I'll be cruising in one month...can't wait. Although I'm not sure if we will be eating breakfast on the balcony in Alaska!

What kind of rolls are offered for breakfast or are you talking about danish type pastries? A bit of a difference.

I believe both can be ordered..we have the AQ menu.

French toast or pancakes usually arrive warmish..but reg toast is cold.

Bagels might work out as well.

I believe both can be ordered..we have the AQ menu.

French toast or pancakes usually arrive warmish..but reg toast is cold.

Bagels might work out as well.

Thank you...we'll be in AQ on Eclipse on the 28th.

We recently sailed Concierge Class and only a regular breakfast menu was in the room. We didn't realise until later that we should have had an expanded menu so be sure to check. I commented on Cruise Critic on our return that while we usually have breakfast on the balcony, we gave up after two days and resorted to the Ocean View. Day one order was delivered 45 minutes late and there were mistakes in the order. Day two it was delivered 45 minutes early, items were missing and the coffee we ordered arrived as two cups, each half filled with cold coffee! Breakfast in the OV was less relaxing but was fresh and hot with lots of items to choose from. If you choose room service breakfast I hope it works out better for you than it did for us.

Although we order a pot of coffee and croissants to enjoy on our balcony almost every morning on a cruise, we only order room service breakfast on port days where we need to get off the ship early. Generally the food is at best warmish and there is almost always too much of something and something missing. Even with the expanded menu in concierge and aqua, the results are the same. Our last cruise in November-December on Reflection was the first and only cruise where room service did not call before delivering the breakfast tray. IDK if it's a new way of operating or just a ship related issue, but we did order room service several times and never received a call first.