Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had any success recently with Fishermans Wharf area in San Francisco? Been trying for May but getting rejected with almost every bid. Not looking forward to paying in excess of $250 usd (especially as I am using CAD....)

Anyone had any success recently with Fishermans Wharf area in San Francisco? Been trying for May but getting rejected with almost every bid. Not looking forward to paying in excess of $250 usd (especially as I am using CAD....)

I sometimes forget about Hotwire when I'm not finding anything on Priceline. They have a 4* in Union Square East area (which is not all that far from Fisherman's Wharf) for May 8-9 on sale for $136 right now. On Hotwire just enter "Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco" for the location you are searching. Worth a try if Priceline is not cooperating with your budget. Good Luck!

Look at the express deals for Fisherman's Wharf. The name your price would be slightly less. It was $180 for our dates (see above post). May would be higher I imagine. We went with Union Square for a few days for $103 and bought the 3 day Muni pass. The cable car is a short ride to the wharf.

Although this was not with Priceline, we stayed at The Suites at Fisherman's Wharf. It is with Shell Vacations which I believe is a timeshare but we were not a part of nor told of that. We stayed there in 2013 and although it isn't much to look at from the outside the room was lovely and also self contained which was very handy (kitchen and lounge area). It was very reasonably priced and an excellent location. We booked direct with them online and had no problems at all.

Edited by sussanahrose

Thanks for all the tips - will check them out and report back if I find anything! I will only be there for 2 days and will have two young kids so don't want to be too risky with the hotels - guess that's why I keep getting high prices!:D

• 1 month later...

Bid date 6/7/2015

Arrival date 11/14/2015

Location San Pedro California

Hotel Name Crown Plaza

Wining bid $83 + $18.52 tax Total $101.52

Note: Hotwire last week showed a three and a half star hotel for the price of $85. That

has now dropped down to $84. This should help a lot. Tim

• 3 weeks later...

Bid Date: 7/2/15

Arrival Date 12/16/15 (2 day stay)

Winning Bid: $95

Hotel: Crown Plaza (which is what I was hoping for!)

Taxes: $38.26

Total Cost: $228.26

The internet price for the Crown is showing $189 on all web sites. I am happy with my deal :p.

I am new to the bidding process for a hotel. I was on another site that shows winning bids etc. I can't see on Priceline how to show 3 people in our room. I'd hate to wind win and find it can only accommodate 2 people (my mother-in-law would not be pleased).

What I read was the room will legally accommodate the minimum number shown on my itinerary. I don't see anywhere to give this info. Only questions is number of rooms needed. Am I missing something?

Priceline rules states that a winning bid is for the stay of two people only. I have heard of people getting a winning bid and then calling the hotel to see if they can add a third person sometimes with an added cost. Only did once I tried this when my son traveled with us to Germany. I pretty well knew which hotel I was going to get and after the winning bid I e-mailed the hotel to see if they could add a roll away bed to the room for a third person. The hotel did give us the extra roll away for a third person at no cost. You could bid on two rooms to cover your shelf but this has been my experience dealing with Priceline. I hope this information helps. Tim

I am new to the bidding process for a hotel. I was on another site that shows winning bids etc. I can't see on Priceline how to show 3 people in our room. I'd hate to wind win and find it can only accommodate 2 people (my mother-in-law would not be pleased).

What I read was the room will legally accommodate the minimum number shown on my itinerary. I don't see anywhere to give this info. Only questions is number of rooms needed. Am I missing something?

It is 2 people per booking. I wouldn't risk the chance of requesting a rollaway. You could end up with a small room with 1 double bed. It's happened to us. Skip Price line and go with Hotwire as you can request a room for 3.

• 4 weeks later...

Can I ask a dumb new cruiser question?

I would be driving to Long Beach for the Carnival Miracle, Imagination or Inspiration.

I would be booking on Hotwire, so I can book a room with my kids.

If I book Long Beach on Hotwire, can I leave my car at the hotel and take a taxi to the port or the hotel's van? Do all the hotels in Long Beach let you park there for a week if you pay?

Am I allowed to mention another website? Betterbidding.com has info on Hotwire and Priceline bids.

This is my experience when sailing out of LA on a cruse. Driving is nice because I can save on airfare. However if I drive I have always picked a hotel with a park and cruise packager where I get a one night stay and parking for my car for the length of the cruise. Sure it cost more but parking at the port would cost me probably around $18 a day. Since I like the 15 day cruises it doesn't take much to figure out the math. This year I have booked those cheap airfares that came out two months ago so I don't have to find a park and cruise package. I got a super deal bidding on Priceline but will have to pay for transportation from LAX to the port. Finding a park and cruise package on Priceline and Hotwire just isn't going to work in your case. You will be able to get a guaranteed one night stay at a good price but who knows how much extra the hotel will charge you for parking your car at the hotel. If you do get a hotel through Hotwire the price you pay for parking your car will be between you and the hotel. I bet it will be pricy. If the hotel won't let you park your car then you will have to park it at the port. I hope everything works out. Make sure you do your homework. Tim

If you booked through Priceline and that booking included a park and cruise package then you would be covered. If you did a Priceline Hotel bid and got the bid then you most likely will have to find some place that will take your car while you are cruising. The only guarantee for a room that is purchased on a bid is a guarantee for two people only. This should help. Tim

Just booked thru Priceline for 12/2/15 and got the Best Western Plus San Pedro for $89 +tax = $109.04 total. Rejected 3.5* at $89, added 3* at same $89 and was accepted. I'm happy as just need a bed for late night arrival pre cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Won" Crown Plaza San Pedro fro Sunday, March 13

Deal type: Name Your Own Price

Offer price: $94.00 /night

Number of rooms: 1 room

Number of nights: 1 night

Room subtotal: $94.00

Taxes & fees: $21.37

Total charged today: $115.37

Priceline

San Pedro Area

3 1/2 *

I booked two rooms for Saturday, April 9th via Priceline Express Deals. The 3.5 star hotel was the Crowne Plaza Harbor, as expected. I'd tried bidding as high as $87 per night with no luck, but then got a 10% off Express Deals coupon. The "secret hotel" price was $102, but with 10% off brought it down to about $90. I'm happy with that.