All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:31 PM.
1,595 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
Originally posted by puppycanducruise
Love that hummer picture.
I've never had that much patience.
Thank you for posting.
Actually I know the 'window' when the activity is at it's peek and the best lighting time. I usually can go out back and capture some very nice shots in 15 minutes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Trips to the French Polynesia/South Pacific:
1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 (2), 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2017

Upcoming Trips to the South Pacific:
November 2018

Likes: Traveling to the South Pacific on the Paul Gauguin and taking beautiful pictures.
Southern California
8,561 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Easily one of the oddest sunrises I have ever photographed. Earlier, there was a mostly clear horizon with a high, thin cloud cover and some haze that promised good colors. Just before the sun rose, heavier clouds formed and a low, heavy fog bank started moving in. As the fog blanketed the town in the distance and blotted out the factory belonging to the smokestacks to the left, the sun peeked over the low clouds and lit the upper layer on fire. With the foreground buildings still shadowed by fog and only dimly lit by the bright, high clouds behind me, the scene took on the creepy “something bad is coming” look of a Stephen King or Dean Koontz mystery novel. Nothing came. Nice day.

Flaming Mystery Fog

Dave
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travel lets you experience the world. Photography lets you share the experience with others.

A cruise ship is my favorite camera accessory!
114,475 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by pierces
Easily one of the oddest sunrises I have ever photographed. Earlier, there was a mostly clear horizon with a high, thin cloud cover and some haze that promised good colors. Just before the sun rose, heavier clouds formed and a low, heavy fog bank started moving in. As the fog blanketed the town in the distance and blotted out the factory belonging to the smokestacks to the left, the sun peeked over the low clouds and lit the upper layer on fire. With the foreground buildings still shadowed by fog and only dimly lit by the bright, high clouds behind me, the scene took on the creepy “something bad is coming” look of a Stephen King or Dean Koontz mystery novel. Nothing came. Nice day.

Flaming Mystery Fog

Dave

Great picture.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Stopped counting a few years ago -- have done over 140 cruises.