June 18 Paradise Review

HTownMC

We’ve been on several (10+) cruises – Carnival, RC and Disney. This is our first on the smaller Carnival Class ships. We chose it because of location (wanted to combine with Father’s Day weekend with in-laws), 5-days and recent new suites (Grand deck). My family of 5 and mom/dad-in-law took the cruise.

Random notes mostly Good:

• · Overall, we had a great time.

• · The boys (18 & 20) were in G2 in front of the ship. Awesome rooms (space, view, etc.).

• · Wife, daughter and I were in G7. Great new rooms. We’ve always done the grand or ocean view suite so we had to get use to the very small shower/no tub/with curtains. My wife chose to take most of her showers in the gym following her workout.

• · In-laws had a suite on deck 11. They enjoyed it.

• · As always, suite advantages were great. We drove to Tampa from Naples and got on the ship around 12:15 with no wait in the priority lines and went straight to checkout our rooms.

• · As before, we rented the private Cabana Honduras and once again we really enjoyed it. We had a great, relaxing time without the big crowds.

• · We have been to Cozumel several times so did not get off the ship this time. We were very glad we did. We got a chance to enjoy the slide area/ride the slides over and repeatedly with about 4 other people since most of the others had left the ship.

• · Our rooms were well taken care of each day.

• · 6-year-old daughter enjoyed 2 days of the kid’s club. She did 2 evening while we were at dinner and 1 late night. We have family dinner in the main diner together 3 nights.

• · Ship did not seem crowded. We mostly ate late breakfast/brunch in the dining room. Burgers around midafternoon and 8:15 dinner in the dining room. For the most part, no real complaints about the food. If we got a meal we didn’t like they accommodated us with something else that we did like.

• · Gym was good. My wife used it more than I did. I went 2 days and chose to do a lot of fast walking/stairs the other days.

• · Shows were OK, but nothing to really brag about. I didn’t care for the singers.

• · I joined the boys for 1 late night comedy show. Guy from Austin was decent.

• · We love table tennis. We played every day.

• Pool was mostly crowded, but we never really do much swimming

Minor negatives/thinks we would change in the future

• · We had 8:30 dining. Waiter the 1st night was terrible so we were moved to a new table the next night. At this table the servers were a lot friendlier and a lot of fun. 2nd night it took quite a while to get our food. Unfortunately, they had a big family with 4 other tables (about 40 people). We made a friendly complaint to the servers that night and the rest of the nights were great. They had baskets of bread and water already on our table to cutdown on the wait time. We also made a small adjustment by getting to the dining room at 8:10 before the big crowd got them so they took our order before the crowd arrived.

• · Ship was rocky the last 2 nights of sailing, but didn’t bother me too much.

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate your taking time to post. I personally, LOVE the "Paradise", and have sailed her many, many times. I agree with about 98% of your review. Biggest complaint I have is slow service in the dining room, but if you have a table of friends, or new friends then it's not so bad. Shows are just so/so, but O.K. Overall, "Paradise" is a great cruise, and it's always great to see old friends aboard.

"SKY"

Thanks for the review. DH and I love the Paradise and sail on her quite frequently as we live less than an hour from the Port of Tampa. Great upgrades since its dry dock earlier this year. We always do anytime dining and arrive about 6pm and do not have to wait for a table. When we leave around 7:30pm there is always a large crowd of people waiting to get in.

Thanks for sharing your review. We live 45 minutes away from Port of Tampa, so enjoy the Paradise several times. Great for a short 4 or 5 day get away from normalcy.

Best thing for me is the crew. They are some of the nicest, friendliest people!

We'll be back on her February 2019 and February 2020!

I appreciate your taking time to post. I personally, LOVE the "Paradise", and have sailed her many, many times. I agree with about 98% of your review. Biggest complaint I have is slow service in the dining room, but if you have a table of friends, or new friends then it's not so bad. Shows are just so/so, but O.K. Overall, "Paradise" is a great cruise, and it's always great to see old friends aboard.

"SKY"

Oops. I'm on Miracle, not Paradise in Sept.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Oops. I'm on Miracle, not Paradise in Sept.

No problem....as I too am sailing "Miracle" in September. Only problem is that I'll be boarding, as you are leaving the ship. I'll wave to you on the up the gangplank. LOL

"SKY"

Ken