What’s your favorite ship and why?

Tonimarieb

I would definitely say of the ships I’ve sailed, the Magic is my favorite with the Dream a close second. The layout, public spaces, cove balconies, and water parks are all the reasons why. Best designed ships of the Carnival fleet IMO.

The Fascination is basically doing this. She is updated and currently in the island hopper slot out of San Juan to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Maarten and there are a ton of people that refuse to take the cruise because it is a Fantasy class ship. I did not mind it because we could get a balcony, and we were so busy with shore excursions, that it wasn't a big deal to not have the food variety. But even I , who don't need bells and whistles, would prefer something like the Sunshine when I have more sea days.

I almost skipped out on that same itinerary because of that line of thinking. In the end, the boat wasn't perfect, but did exceed my expectations. The vacation overall was absolutely fantastic.

I would rank the ships (not the actual cruises) that I have been on in the following order:

1) Breeze - amazing ship with lots to do!!

2) Dream - not quite as many bells and whistles as her sister Breeze, but still great

3) Legend - lots of space up top - layout is quirky

4) Fascination - love the Fantasy class layout, but not a ton of bells and whistles

5) Sensation - if you like purple, this would be #1 for you

6) Fantasy - first in class never quite gets the perks of its younger sisters

7) Conquest - no shaded areas on pool deck - no serenity deck

8) Triumph - no shaded areas on pool deck

9) Holiday -- it was pretty much a dump of a ship -- we sailed right before they took it out of service

The Fascination is basically doing this. She is updated and currently in the island hopper slot out of San Juan to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Maarten and there are a ton of people that refuse to take the cruise because it is a Fantasy class ship. I did not mind it because we could get a balcony, and we were so busy with shore excursions, that it wasn't a big deal to not have the food variety. But even I , who don't need bells and whistles, would prefer something like the Sunshine when I have more sea days.

We actually LOVE that cruise having done it twice. It's so port intensive that one basically comes back to the ship for dinner and bed. Perfect application for a tricked out older vessel.

I also think they could use a comparable ship for more frequent Journey cruises where filling 4,000 beds becomes a huge problem. Frankly, I wish they'd do that with Sunshine or the new Triumph rather than turning them into secondary port 4-5 dayers.

I might have to try the new Triumph to New England.

I would rank the ships (not the actual cruises) that I have been on in the following order:

1) Breeze - amazing ship with lots to do!!

2) Dream - not quite as many bells and whistles as her sister Breeze, but still great

3) Legend - lots of space up top - layout is quirky

4) Fascination - love the Fantasy class layout, but not a ton of bells and whistles

5) Sensation - if you like purple, this would be #1 for you

6) Fantasy - first in class never quite gets the perks of its younger sisters

7) Conquest - no shaded areas on pool deck - no serenity deck

8) Triumph - no shaded areas on pool deck

9) Holiday -- it was pretty much a dump of a ship -- we sailed right before they took it out of service

She got one last year. It had been a significant shortcoming but she's up to speed now with the rest of her Class.

I almost skipped out on that same itinerary because of that line of thinking. In the end, the boat wasn't perfect, but did exceed my expectations. The vacation overall was absolutely fantastic.

:D Might be Carnival's best 7 day itinerary. I DO wish they would offer a B route out of there, perhaps an Aruba loop.

I don't know that I have a single favorite ship, but the Conquest class is my favorite class. I like those ships because they are, for me, the Goldilocks ships, not too big, not too small.... just right.

I loved the Liberty but dislike the Freedom and really disliked the Liberty. I do like the conquest class set up

I loved the Liberty but dislike the Freedom and really disliked the Liberty. I do like the conquest class set up
Is this a typo? :)

Our first cruise was on the Conquest, second was on the Valor, etc... The familiarity may be what I enjoy about them. I've never been on smaller ships, so I can't compare to them, really. I just prefer the size of the Conquest class to the size of the Dream class. I like the Dream class, as long as I can get a cove balcony, but they are second place for me.

I've sailed on Sensation, Inspiration, Glory, Legend, Dream, and Paradise. Had great cruises on all ships. If I had to choose a favorite, it'll be the Legend, for 2 reasons. One being that I love the layout of the Spirit-class ships. The 2nd reason why the Legend is my favorite is because my hubby and I got married on that ship, so she holds a special place in my heart for that reason.

I’ve been on Magic, Liberty, Valor x2 and I would say the Magic was my favorite. I love the Joe Farcus designed ships. I’d be sad to be on a ship wo all the far out designs. I guess since it is all I know, I associate it with cruising. But to me the garish decor added to the magical feel of being away from every day life. I can see typical hotel decor anywhere. I hope they don’t make all ships with bland decor. (I really can’t judge since I’ve never been on Vista or Breeze just from what I have read, the decor is more toned down).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any ship with Cove Balconies. My wife tends to get seasick and I like balconies. The coves are low enough that she really doesn't feel much movement. If we choose a ship without them we get an oceanview on Deck 1 or 2.

Any ship with Cove Balconies. My wife tends to get seasick and I like balconies. The coves are low enough that she really doesn't feel much movement. If we choose a ship without them we get an oceanview on Deck 1 or 2.

Yes-love the cove balconies! Wish they had them on all the ships

We love Pride and have sailed her four times! She's just the right size to have plenty to do but never feel crowded, her crew is always fun, frendly and competent, and she has a Serenity area with a pool! And her embarkation port of Baltimore is super convenient for us (we live 30 minutes away). We're trying our first different Carnival ship in 17 days (but who's counting, right? ;p) when we sail on Victory...we'll see how she stacks up against Pride.

My favorite ship was the Festivale. When I sailed, the fare was dirt cheap, with no single supplement, because it was old, and the air fare to San Juan was expensive, and it was being used as the "Carnival College" training facility.

On my last night I made a wish that next time I sailed I would have someone special with whom to share a cabin. Two years later I had found someone and we have sailed together ever since.