The time in St. Thomas

Having a real brain fart right now. In December we will traveling to St. Thomas and I am trying to book a fishing trip for my spouse. I know daylight savings time is over, and I know we stay on "ship's time".

If we are to arrive at 11:00 am ships time, is it 11:00am S. Thomas time? For some reason my rain just can't figure it out !

STT is on Atlantic Standard time, so will be one hour ahead of EST. If you were still on daylight time, there would be no change. EM

Florida Governor recently signed a bill making Daylight Savings Time permanent in the state of Florida. Will be interested to know how that is going to affect times aboard ships sailing out of Florida. I understand that they are waiting for final Congessional approval so not exactly sure if it goes into effect this Fall or not. I am a Florida resident. Waiting to hear myself. IMHO this will surly be a bit complicated as it relates to cruising out of Florida.

Florida Governor recently signed a bill making Daylight Savings Time permanent in the state of Florida. Will be interested to know how that is going to affect times aboard ships sailing out of Florida. I understand that they are waiting for final Congessional approval so not exactly sure if it goes into effect this Fall or not. I am a Florida resident. Waiting to hear myself. IMHO this will surly be a bit complicated as it relates to cruising out of Florida.

More than likely, Congressional approval for Florida's exception will not be even discussed, let alone approved, so a very moot point. At least that's what I've read in the local Florida newspaper and heard on the local Florida TV news.

To the OP, don't rack your brain, just let the fishing charter know what ship you are on and the date it ports in STT, and they will give you instructions on where and when to meet. They have done this many times and won't want to lose a customer, so don't worry, be happy.