Top tips for our first Azamara cruise

sailco

We enjoy having coffee in our stateroom before going to breakfast. It’s not usually as strong as we like, so we request two shots of espresso too and pour it in the pot

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't see an option for espresso or cappuccino on the breakfast door-hang menu. Do you call it in or write it in directly onto the menu? And whatever way it's done, is that available for all cabins or just suites? Thanks!

I don't see an option for espresso or cappuccino on the breakfast door-hang menu. Do you call it in or write it in directly onto the menu? And whatever way it's done, is that available for all cabins or just suites? Thanks!

I just write in what we want; it's for all cabins

We order tea and fruit juice in our stateroom every morning before we get up & go to breakfast.

Yes, they do still do the Azamazing evening on all cruises 7 days and over, except for transatlantic crossings. The event varies in type & quality. We had a fantastic one in Bangkok, less good ones in the Caribbean. On our last cruise it was a Jazz concert in the Theatre Dante Alighieri in Ravenna. The setting was wonderful and the musicians were very accomplished. However it was advertised as ‘Classic Jazz’ and was very modern Jazz, which is not our taste in music. Others who like modern Jazz really enjoyed it and there was a standing ovation for the musicians.

Is there anyway to know which evening the Amazing event will be held on?

I am trying to plan our time ashore with friends and it would be nice to know which evening this event will take place on...

Should I call Azamara directly?

Thanks.:D

I am trying to plan our time ashore with friends and it would be nice to know which evening this event will take place on...

It will be a port where you either stay late or overnight. Quest 29th March 2019? I'd hazard a guess it will be your first night in Ho Chi Minh. I'm not aware of Azamazing evenings in Hong Kong and the other late night is late in your cruise. Hong Kong for White Night would be special with the light show.

It should pop up on the shore excursions list at some stage. Otherwise Bonnie here may have some info.

Phil

You must make a reservation for the Azamazing evening, even though it's free. On our 1st Az cruise, they changed it from 1 port to another, and I had to make a new reservation.

You must make a reservation for the Azamazing evening, even though it's free. On our 1st Az cruise, they changed it from 1 port to another, and I had to make a new reservation.

You can do it on the ship no problem. Even then you could ask on the day and say you are coming. Azamara seem much more relaxed these days because they know they are well attended. They don’t even issue shorex tickets like they used to. No stress.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

We've booked a two night pre cruise Azamara hotel package at the Corinthia Hotel in Lisbon as part of our cruise this September and were wondering if there will be an Azamara representative at the hotel the day we and other guests arrive to welcome and sign us in at the hotel?

Do passengers that booked a pre cruise hotel package from Azamara receive any preferential boarding 'perks' after Azamara has transferred us to our ship?

After completion of the check in process where would the specialty dining reservations desk usually be located?

Also new to Azamara, so please keep this thread going.

Cruising Lisbon to Capetown 2020.

Some of our favorites:

1. At least one lunch at The Patio.

2. The insider ship's tour.

3. The ship's bike excursions

4. Late nights in the Living Room.

I started this thread but unfortunately have just cancelled what was to be our first Azamara cruise due to multiple port changes. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. Hopefully we'll get the opportunity to cruise with Azamara at another time.

I started this thread but unfortunately have just cancelled what was to be our first Azamara cruise due to multiple port changes. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. Hopefully we'll get the opportunity to cruise with Azamara at another time.

That must be so disappointing and I am so sorry.

:( Lynne

Ignoring all the other good things about Azamara, the best thing about them is that the ships are small. I have been on a couple of cruises on big ships which I define as 1500 - 2000 people of more and I did not enjoy them. The small ships are a dying breed and I love them.

DON

We have sailed with Celebrity Cruise Line over ten (10) times. We are looking for a small cruise ship (like The Century) with excellent food & service,

Will we be happy on Azamara ???

Looking at starting with an ocean view cabin; but I really love a balcony to enjoy the ocean.

Thanks for any advice & suggestions.

We have sailed with Celebrity Cruise Line over ten (10) times. We are looking for a small cruise ship (like The Century) with excellent food & service,

Will we be happy on Azamara ???

Looking at starting with an ocean view cabin; but I really love a balcony to enjoy the ocean.

Thanks for any advice & suggestions.

Your status on Celebrity will carry over to Azamara so you will get a few perks.

We love Azamara, been on 7 cruises with them & 2 more booked. If you want excellent service you will certainly get it with Azamara. If you have been reading Alsun’s “Live from the Pursuit” thread you’ll get a good idea about the sort of service and attention to detail there is with Azamara - but it’s service in a friendly, not stuffy, way.