Cabin #8001 - Insignia

katz

Does anyone have an opinion about this cabin's location? It is the first cabin on this deck. We usually get a mid-section cabin, but none are available. Is there a concern for someone with motion sickness or a lot of noise.

We were in 8006 on Nautica when it was brand new (then the R5) which is only a few doors down. We weren't bothered with noise. We did hear chairs being moved up on the pool area but weren't particularly bothered by it. Maybe today we would be! This was in early 2000.

Our itinerary didn't have any rough seas to speak of, so I can't answer to that. You aren't absolutely forward since the Bridge and I believe some officer's quarters are ahead of the passenger cabins on Deck 8.

Mura

We were in 8000 on Regatta for 28 days about 5 years ago from New York to Manaus to Miami. We didn’t notice any movement and there was no noise - but I think the card room was directly above.

We loved how quiet it was and would definitely book the same room again.

Lou

Thanks Lou. This was the only cabin available, in a category that I wanted, when we came up on the waitlist I have always heard that close to the front is always rockier. Now, I feel better!

It all depends on the weather, but if it gets rough you're definitely going to feel it more there than in the middle of the boat.

You'll be right above the entrance to the fitness center, shouldn't be a lot of noise there.

We've stayed there before, because we wanted to be among the first to arrive in port. ;-) It's close to the chain locker which might be an issue at ports where you'll be tendering in and the ship needs to drop anchor, but at most stops you'll be tied to a pier with nice, quiet ropes. :-D

On my first R ship cruise, I was in 7014. Most cabins were already booked. I was concerned about being so far forward. It was a great location. Felt very little movement. It was very quiet. Next cruise I was on deck 7 midship. The foot traffic was annoying. Laundry people can be loud. Next cruise I booked deck 7 forward again. 7026 was really nice. Quiet, close to the elevators. I would prefer forward than aft.

I would try to get changed if you can ..The door to the bridge is right there and bangs all day and nightas people go in and out..anyone on port side (8000 and 8002) would not hear it but you will..

Jacruz1

We were in cabin 8001 for 35 days and I would book it again in a heart beat. Being close to the bridge was a plus for us because everyday we saw the officers come and go. I don't remember any banging doors. The bathroom has been redone as a prototype for future bathrooms and it is beautiful. Very large glass enclosed marble shower, no tub and marble sink.

We were in cabin 8001 for 35 days and I would book it again in a heart beat. Being close to the bridge was a plus for us because everyday we saw the officers come and go. I don't remember any banging doors. The bathroom has been redone as a prototype for future bathrooms and it is beautiful. Very large glass enclosed marble shower, no tub and marble sink.

Interesting. Has the room been redone in the new colors and design?

You were on the Insignia and not the Sirena? Sirena has had the tubs removed in PH rooms I believe.

The bathroom has been redone as a prototype for future bathrooms and it is beautiful. Very large glass enclosed marble shower, no tub and marble sink.

Interesting

How long ago was the cruise ?