P&O Excursions

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:47 PM.
United Kingdom
8 Posts
Joined Aug 2018
Hello, this is my first Thread so please be gentle with me. I am sailing on Brittania Feb '19 and just been informed of the excursions on offer. Does anyone know when P&O advise of the start times as I do not really want to get up early to breakfast and disembark at 8am. Also, will I be advised of the docking and departure time from each port at some point. Thank you for you time.
Chesterfield
1,024 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by Fergusdad
Hello, this is my first Thread so please be gentle with me. I am sailing on Brittania Feb '19 and just been informed of the excursions on offer. Does anyone know when P&O advise of the start times as I do not really want to get up early to breakfast and disembark at 8am. Also, will I be advised of the docking and departure time from each port at some point. Thank you for you time.
If you look on Cruise Personaliser at your excursions, to find the time they will depart it is necessary to start ticking the box for a particular excursion as though you are going to book it.It will then give you a time or choice of times at which point if you don t want to book it you just untick the box and press the back button.Its a bit tedious but I ve found thats the only way unless you wait until much nearer the time when your holiday information arrivesand that states the times.You are rarely told an exact arrival and departure time at each port(until you are onboard)but for each port it should tell you what time of day you will arrive etc but in a general way e.g early afternoon etc
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crown Princess 2011
Independence of the Seas 2012
Queen Elizabeth 2013
Oceana March 2014
Ventura October 2014
Ventura April 2015
Cruise & Maritime July 2015
Arcadia Sept 2015
Ventura Feb 2016
Emerald Princess June 2016
Arcadia October 2016
Britannia March 2017
Britannia June 2017
Azura September 2017
N E England
6,335 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
I asked a very similar question and someone very kindly posted details of a website called CRUISECAL.COM which gives details of ship arrival and departure times plus other ships on port on any given day. Bear in mind that times can be changed due to weather conditions, medical emergencies etc. If you are booking private tours rather than those offered by the ship you need to leave a margin for this. We were on a cruise of the Far East when the ports were swapped around and it was panic stations for all of us with private excursions booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
United Kingdom
8 Posts
Joined Aug 2018
Originally posted by sandancer
I asked a very similar question and someone very kindly posted details of a website called CRUISECAL.COM which gives details of ship arrival and departure times plus other ships on port on any given day. Bear in mind that times can be changed due to weather conditions, medical emergencies etc. If you are booking private tours rather than those offered by the ship you need to leave a margin for this. We were on a cruise of the Far East when the ports were swapped around and it was panic stations for all of us with private excursions booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Thank you Sandancer, I will have a look now.
Edinburgh
3,686 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
I find cruisecal very reliable and use it all the time. You need to go to the itinerary lookup tab then scroll through to find Britannia. Here's a link to it:

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/Itin...8/Default.aspx

There are lots of taxis available in all the ports if you want to do your own tours or if you tell us which ports you're visiting people may be able to make suggestions. I also find the Ports of Call boards on this site very useful
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Still to come:
P&O Aurora USA and Canada 16th September 2018
P&O Ventura Bermuda, USA and Caribbean 5th February 2019
P&O Oriana Spain, Corsica and Italy, 17th September 2019. CANCELLED BY P&O
Celebrity Infinity Adriatic, Sicily and Spain, 24th August 2019
P&O Ventura USA and Caribbean February 2020
United Kingdom
8 Posts
Joined Aug 2018
Originally posted by ann141
If you look on Cruise Personaliser at your excursions, to find the time they will depart it is necessary to start ticking the box for a particular excursion as though you are going to book it.It will then give you a time or choice of times at which point if you don t want to book it you just untick the box and press the back button.Its a bit tedious but I ve found thats the only way unless you wait until much nearer the time when your holiday information arrivesand that states the times.You are rarely told an exact arrival and departure time at each port(until you are onboard)but for each port it should tell you what time of day you will arrive etc but in a general way e.g early afternoon etc
Thank, I have found that now .