Dubai and alcohol

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:53 AM.
United Kingdom
558 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Well I'm not going. I value the freedoms I have in the UK which were hard won. I refuse to go to places where I would have to worry about breaking rules which seem arbitrary and illogical to me.
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
967 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
I'm with you Clodia. I will not visit the UAE - or most Middle Eastern states - whilst they have outrageously discriminatory and inhumane laws. Homosexuality is technically still punishable by death in the UAE and imprisonment widely across the Middle East. I have no wish to support such regimes when they will not afford me basic equality with everyone else.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Andrew

Past: Cunard QE2 & Queen Elizabeth; P&O Victoria, Oriana, Arcadia, Aurora, Oceana, Azura; Sea Princess; Celebrity Summit; Fred Olsen Black Watch, Saga Ruby, Portuscale MV Funchal, MS Mayfair (Nile River Cruise), Marella Discovery 2 & CMV Marco Polo

Future: P&O Azura to Amsterdam(2019), Coral Princess to Alaska (2019).
Stoke on Trent
608 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
Originally posted by Britboys
I'm with you Clodia. I will not visit the UAE - or most Middle Eastern states - whilst they have outrageously discriminatory and inhumane laws. Homosexuality is technically still punishable by death in the UAE and imprisonment widely across the Middle East. I have no wish to support such regimes when they will not afford me basic equality with everyone else.
Another vote against visiting various states in Middle East on human rights grounds. Ditto China