Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

We finally have some "naked" pictures of the Edge, courtesy of Lloyd. Some people have been trying to locate their cabins and I have posted some marked up pictures on the Blocks are in the House thread. Since that might not be of interest to some who are following the Blocks thread, I thought I would put the cabin location pictures on its own thread.

Here are a few of the cabins people have been discussing:

Port Side:

enhance

Starboard Side:

enhance

Forward:

enhance

Aft:

enhance

Thanks Marilyn. I'm looking at my CS location (12104) and I think my forward views from the balcony will be obstructed by the bridge. I had not realized that when I booked it. But at least the wind will be blocked! And maybe I can keep my eye on the Captain too.

Thanks Marilyn. I'm looking at my CS location (12104) and I think my forward views from the balcony will be obstructed by the bridge. I had not realized that when I booked it. But at least the wind will be blocked! And maybe I can keep my eye on the Captain too.

We have been behind the bridge before and found it fascinating (you do have to behave though since they can see you too ;)). You will be very close to the Retreat Sundeck and can run up there for a forward view.

If anyone wants to add his/her cabin to the ship pictures in the first post, please post your cabin number here and I will update the pictures with the new cabins added every few days, as needed. It is fun to see where everyone will be located (and can refer back when the reviews start to come in).

If anyone wants to add his/her cabin to the ship pictures in the first post, please post your cabin number here and I will update the pictures with the new cabins added every few days, as needed. It is fun to see where everyone will be located (and can refer back when the reviews start to come in).

Thank you Don 10112

Hi Marilyn, will you please add us? 9181. However, if anyone is looking for me, I will be near the VW munchie bus with a drink in hand and my DH will be at the retreat pool bar!! ;)

quote=vtcruising;56583889]If anyone wants to add his/her cabin to the ship pictures in the first post, please post your cabin number here and I will update the pictures with the new cabins added every few days, as needed. It is fun to see where everyone will be located (and can refer back when the reviews start to come in).

Hi Marilyn, will you please add us? 9181. However, if anyone is looking for me, I will be near the VW munchie bus with a drink in hand and my DH will be at the retreat pool bar!! ;)

I will add your cabin.

I will meet you at the Munchie bus, looking for peace (and the perfect Golden Margarita). :cool:

It seems like many of the cabins on deck 11 and 12 will be in the shade with large overhang above. This would be fine for me but many want full sun on their balcony.

I agree - it will be interesting to see how much those overhangs impact those cabins, if at all. We like sun so stayed away from those, but they should be perfect for those who need/want the shade.

Opinions, please!

We have an E3 #7164 which from the great pix on the "blocks" thread seems to have limited views forward due to the jut-out that begins with #7156.

I do want to see the MC from our cabin but am seriously considering a move forward to #7140 which would still permit us to see the MC in operation.

Any thoughts on which might be a better choice?

Opinions, please!

We have an E3 #7164 which from the great pix on the "blocks" thread seems to have limited views forward due to the jut-out that begins with #7156.

I do want to see the MC from our cabin but am seriously considering a move forward to #7140 which would still permit us to see the MC in operation.

Any thoughts on which might be a better choice?

The picture below will give you an idea about how far you will be away from the MC in each cabin. The second picture gives an idea of how the bump out might be obstructive for cabins within a few cabins away. It's hard to tell how much your forward view would be obstructed in 7164, but looks like it would be significant to me.

I think you still may be able to see the MC pretty well from 7140 - maybe bring your binoculars to see it better. :D I can't see any real downside to moving to 7140 and the upside is that you will have a better view overall with the bump out and will be closer to the elevator. Of course, we won't know until the ship sails and people start reporting back if there is some downside to that area, but looks okay to me.

enhance

enhance

Thanks, I will be in cabin 11113 November 2019

Pat

Edited by RodPat

Thanks, vt (by the way is the vt for Virgina Tech or Vermont or something else?) I did change to 7140 thanks to your great sleuthing!

The picture below will give you an idea about how far you will be away from the MC in each cabin. The second picture gives an idea of how the bump out might be obstructive for cabins within a few cabins away. It's hard to tell how much your forward view would be obstructed in 7164, but looks like it would be significant to me.

I think you still may be able to see the MC pretty well from 7140 - maybe bring your binoculars to see it better. :D I can't see any real downside to moving to 7140 and the upside is that you will have a better view overall with the bump out and will be closer to the elevator. Of course, we won't know until the ship sails and people start reporting back if there is some downside to that area, but looks okay to me.

enhance

enhance