Thinking of switching from Carnival

I can agree with that. Our first cruise was in 2006 for our honeymoon and we have been on at least one a year since then, all but one on RCL. You can definitely notice a difference in the quality and service since then until now. I would imagine thats true across the board with most lines.

I have seen similar complaints on the CCL and NCL forum (especially after NCL got a new CEO and really changed things).

We've switched to RC mainly for the Royàl Promenade. Their smaller and older ships don't have it so we stay away from ships without it.

This is only a matter of opinion so disregard it. I prefer the ships without the Royal Promenade but cruise on all their ships.

We cruised on Carnival once because the cruise was so cheap and the itinerary was perfect. However, we really didn’t like the ship, the food, or the entertainment. The one plus was that the stateroom was bigger on Carnival. We’re happy with Royal Caribbean and we’re diamond plus so we’ll stay put.

We've switched to RC mainly for the Royàl Promenade. Their smaller and older ships don't have it so we stay away from ships without it.

This is only a matter of opinion so disregard it. I prefer the ships without the Royal Promenade but cruise on all their ships.

We cruised on Carnival once because the cruise was so cheap and the itinerary was perfect. However, we really didn’t like the ship, the food, or the entertainment. The one plus was that the stateroom was bigger on Carnival. We’re happy with Royal Caribbean and we’re diamond plus so we’ll stay put.

First of all the statement that Dude switched to RC mainly for the Royal Promenade is not an opinion. It is a statement of fact unless you have some proof that Dude is lying. The next statement, that Dude avoids the ships without a Royal Promenade is also a statement of fact, unless you have some proof that Dude is lying.

Your statement that you prefer the ships without the Royal Promenade is also a statement of fact, unless your are lying.

There is no reason to disregard Dude's statement.

A statement that someone does not like the food is a statement of fact. A statement that someone thinks the food on one line is better than the food on another line is an opinion.

We are looking at Adventure of the Seas in October 2019. The ship looks amazing, so we will see. Do you book directly with the cruise line or use a travel agent?
Get a price from the cruise line and then let your TA give you a better price or some obc.

We are looking at Adventure of the Seas in October 2019. The ship looks amazing, so we will see. Do you book directly with the cruise line or use a travel agent?

I use a travel agent.

I have pleasant dreams of waking up on a Carnival cruise. Amazed that someone would think that was a nightmare. With that said, some ships I've liked better than others. Never had a bad cruise though. Looking forward to my first RCI cruise next month. But it's not because of dissatisfaction with CC.

Get a price from the cruise line and then let your TA give you a better price or some obc.

There are advantages booking directly with Royal. You have full control of your booking and can call and change yourself. When you use a TA you can no longer do requests directly. You can book it yourself and in the first 45-60 days you can get it transferred to a TA but from that point the TA has to communicate with Royal. Or you can become your own Travel Agent and get the best of both worlds.

I have pleasant dreams of waking up on a Carnival cruise. Amazed that someone would think that was a nightmare. With that said, some ships I've liked better than others. Never had a bad cruise though. Looking forward to my first RCI cruise next month. But it's not because of dissatisfaction with CC.

Carnival has been upping their game but I admit, I didn't use them because of the chatter in past years..

When I moved down to Florida, close to the ports, I found a Carnival cruise worth trying on the newly refitted Sunshine (renamed-was the Destiny) that Carnival has spent $2.3 million redoing it. We figured, how bad could it be? I mean back in the day we camped! :eek: So we took a leap of faith and so glad we did! We couldn't believe what a great cruise it was! My advise is to go on a newer ship with the 2.0 dining, If you don't have kids in tow (any kids we DID see were begging to go back to Camp Carnival!), go when the kids are in school. Keep an open mind as you will be amazed at the diversity of their entertainment plus late night comedy every night and their food was excellent.

Of course, being a Diamond Plus member, I am always happy with Royal but itineraries are also considered....

Oops, I got off subject and changed it to why Royal cruisers should consider CC! :eek:

We're happy Carnival customers! All of our cruises have been with Carnival and we've only had the 'typical' issues that all cruise lines customers will face at some point, no matter which line you patronize. I recommend going with whatever cruise works for you and your family, including port of departure, ports of call, ship, and price.

We're trying out our first Royal cruise next year for the exact reasons above. We don't want to fly, and we're tired of the same old itinerary out of Baltimore on Carnival, which lead us to investigate RC options. Upon finding our Anthem cruise for next May, we couldn't pass up the price for a nine day cruise, which is closely priced to what we paid for our first Carnival cruise out of Baltimore in 2011.

Carnival has been upping their game but I admit, I didn't use them because of the chatter in past years..

When I moved down to Florida, close to the ports, I found a Carnival cruise worth trying on the newly refitted Sunshine (renamed-was the Destiny) that Carnival has spent $2.3 million redoing it. We figured, how bad could it be? I mean back in the day we camped! :eek: So we took a leap of faith and so glad we did! We couldn't believe what a great cruise it was! My advise is to go on a newer ship with the 2.0 dining, If you don't have kids in tow (any kids we DID see were begging to go back to Camp Carnival!), go when the kids are in school. Keep an open mind as you will be amazed at the diversity of their entertainment plus late night comedy every night and their food was excellent.

Of course, being a Diamond Plus member, I am always happy with Royal but itineraries are also considered....

Oops, I got off subject and changed it to why Royal cruisers should consider CC! :eek:

Oh I have been on many a Carnival cruise, my last being an 8 day on the Vista this past October. My kids are grown so I cruise whenever I can! Very excited for my fir RC cruise next month! Can't imagine a bad cruise!!

Lol Us too.

We have never been on Carnival but people whose opinion we trust have and advised us not to go on them.

We did many different lines before we finally became "Loyal Royals". Carnival, and their sister brand Costa, was our first few. I had no idea at the time how different the lines can be. Happy we tried most of them first to know the difference, which works for us. :)

Edited by island lady