Diet Tonic Water on the ship

We are doing an Alaska cruise on the Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas ship in Jun...........our question is: can you get Diet Tonic Water on the ship? If available - Is it free or do you purchase it. If not available - can passengers take some on board?

I've seen it in cans, sold for around $3 per can.

Royal's rules prohibit bringing any beverages on board, except for two 750ml bottles of wine, but they frequently allow water and soda.

Sorry but soda of any kind is not free on any RCI ship. There are other complimentary beverages but soda is not among them.

My wife enjoys a gin and tonic (preferably with diet tonic). It seems to be really hit/miss on whether if it is available. When they have it, there is no extra charge, but I do not consider that the same as being free).

N Ray H

I emailed RC customer care because I couldn't find diet tonic on previous cruises. They indicated the do not offer it and I could bring it aboard. I also took ocean spay individual bottles of diet ocean spray cranberry juice. . I took a copy of the email in case of problems embarking. There were none. I put drinks and bottles water in a backpack and put a luggage tag on. I then put it in my tervis glass (I use it to hold breakables in my suitcase) then filled with ice and a few shots at the bar. I did have a drink package and most bar tenders gave 2-3 shots without making me wait the "15 min between drinks". I did explain that I was diabetic to the bartenders and they were quite accommodating.

• 1 year later...

Any update? Since this an older thread I am curious if the ships now have Diet Tonic ? What about Diet Cranberry juice? At any particular bar, CL, DL, SL ???

Specifically interested in AD and FR....but curious about all.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

It's probably just me, but, I had no idea that tonic water had any calories...or at least enough calories to worry about.

Now I'm afraid to look at what might be in some of these other drinks I consume. ;-)

We are doing an Alaska cruise on the Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas ship in Jun...........our question is: can you get Diet Tonic Water on the ship? If available - Is it free or do you purchase it. If not available - can passengers take some on board?

On the Oasis last summer, they did not have diet tonic water. Hubby drinks it twice a day for leg cramps. You can get regular tonic water at any bar at no cost if you have the soda package.

It's probably just me, but, I had no idea that tonic water had any calories...or at least enough calories to worry about.

Now I'm afraid to look at what might be in some of these other drinks I consume. ;-)

Sadly, Tonic water from the most commercially available sources are pretty darn close to regular soft drink sugar content. :(

Some specialty companies such as Fever Tree have about a 1/3 less calories, but that is still more than what many care to take up if having more than a few G&Ts ;) Thus the quest for Diet Tonic Water.

I just tell myself I'm protecting myself against malaria :D

dp

Edited by dpostman

The last time I checked, About 130 calories in each can of tonic water on board. I suppose it always depends on how much gin and tonic you drink, ha ha

AD does NOT have diet tonic anywhere on ship.

That’s always been my one nightmare when we’ve been on AD for several weeks at a time as my drink of choice is gin & tonic. Have had to change to Jack Daniels and Diet Coke instead - it’s a hard life!!!

What I don’t understand is that Celebrity Summit sailing from the same terminal in San Juan, has unlimited diet tonic on board

Hey there! Yes. Lots of calories one wouldn’t expect sometimes. [emoji15] I also use water with just a splash of juice sometimes. With Gin - water and splash of grapefruit.

We were on St. Croix And a bar served a drink called the Jessica, which of course I had to order, it was rum, coconut water, and a splash of pineapple juice. It was very refreshing and nice. I often have it made for me while we’re on cruises using coconut rum water and a splash of pineapple. Gives a tropical taste with a bit less sugar. I try to limit the carbs to booze [emoji23][emoji6]

• 2 months later...

My wife enjoys a gin and tonic (preferably with diet tonic). It seems to be really hit/miss on whether if it is available. When they have it, there is no extra charge, but I do not consider that the same as being free).

N Ray H

I am a G and T drinker and have not been asked so assumed that it was regular tonic . Oh well - it is vacation time! Besides it tastes better.

I to like Gin & Diet Tonic Water. However, with RCCL not offering "Diet Tonic Water" I just have them put "Diet Sprite" instead. Since I always add "Lime" to my dink it basically tastes the same for me.

I must say diet tonic is the worst of all diet drinks. It is way too sweet and in a treacly way

JC