Milkshakes JR vs. B&J

You are living in a Diamond plus world. For us lowly Diamonds it was removed a few years ago along with the free laundry bag.

They were still giving them in feb and april for our friends who are diamond on the Freedom. Free laundry is still D+ only. Other cats get $ off.

I doubt that.

Ok, for all you doubters, I doubted also, but another group I'm associated with said it was so. So I sent an email to Royal Caribbean Customer Support, and here is the reply .

"Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.As a Gold member of the Crown & Anchor Society, we especially value your patronage of Royal Caribbean International and appreciate this opportunity to respond to your inquiry.We are happy to see you are sailing with us again!

The Refreshment Package includes:

Beverages up to $12

Premium coffee and premium tea

Bottled water - sparkling and still

Fresh squeezed juices

Fresh squeezed juice smoothies

Non-alcoholic cocktails

All fountain soda beverages

Freestyle (where available)

Coca-Cola souvenir cup

PowerAde

Red Bull

Milkshakes at Johnny Rocket

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our Certified Vacation Planners directly by dialing 1-800-205-9812 and pressing option 4 and then option 3. Representatives are available 24/7 for your convenience.

The Liberty of the Seas represents an absolute marvel of maritime engineering. The minute you step aboard you will witness the energetic atmosphere and incredible innovations that make Royal Caribbean stand out. Catch a first-run movie in the 3D movie theater, take in a performance of the hit Broadway musical Saturday Night Fever, or have an intimate evening full of delicious wine and decadent appetizers at the Vintages wine bar

.And now you can also feel the rush as you slide down the Tidal Wave, the first boomerang-style slide at sea. Enjoy the pinnacle of pampering and relaxation in our updated Vitality Spa and thermal suite. Savor the renowned cuisine of our newly renovated Chops Grille. No matter how you choose to spend your time, your cruise vacation on the Liberty of the Seas will be an unforgettable experience.

Mr. ######, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Liberty of the Seas in September.

Sincerely,"

I'm going to carry a copy of this with me and hope for the best.

Ok, for all you doubters, I doubted also, but another group I'm associated with said it was so. So I sent an email to Royal Caribbean Customer Support, and here is the reply .

"Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.As a Gold member of the Crown & Anchor Society, we especially value your patronage of Royal Caribbean International and appreciate this opportunity to respond to your inquiry.We are happy to see you are sailing with us again!

Beverages up to $12

Fresh squeezed juices

Non-alcoholic cocktails

Coca-Cola souvenir cup

PowerAde

Red Bull

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our Certified Vacation Planners directly by dialing 1-800-205-9812 and pressing option 4 and then option 3. Representatives are available 24/7 for your convenience.

The Liberty of the Seas represents an absolute marvel of maritime engineering. The minute you step aboard you will witness the energetic atmosphere and incredible innovations that make Royal Caribbean stand out. Catch a first-run movie in the 3D movie theater, take in a performance of the hit Broadway musical Saturday Night Fever, or have an intimate evening full of delicious wine and decadent appetizers at the Vintages wine bar

.And now you can also feel the rush as you slide down the Tidal Wave, the first boomerang-style slide at sea. Enjoy the pinnacle of pampering and relaxation in our updated Vitality Spa and thermal suite. Savor the renowned cuisine of our newly renovated Chops Grille. No matter how you choose to spend your time, your cruise vacation on the Liberty of the Seas will be an unforgettable experience.

Sincerely,"

This is good to know. I see you're sailing soon, let us know how it goes. Safe travels :cool:

Beverages up to $12

Fresh squeezed juices

Non-alcoholic cocktails

Coca-Cola souvenir cup

PowerAde

Red Bull

Sincerely,"

If this is a change in policy, it is very new. I think there is also not an small likelihood is that this document is in error, in which case it's best to do as you suggest and bring the printout.

Please report back your experience.

Interesting. I just received a reply from Rccl on their twitter account confirming that milkshakes at JR’s are included in the refreshment package are included. Will have to try this our in December however I’m fully aware that what Miami states for a fact is not always what happens on the ship.

$4.75 for b&j I think it's about a 12 oz cup. They put in 4 scoops of ice cream. I haven't been in JR. I just finished this and was reading the forum

A

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

thanks Alan. My DH loves Coffee shakes and can't get them in most places near MYR. Hope we get a coupon for JR as we are now Diamond.

Not sure if it's the same on all ships, but on Anthem I witnessed them using the same artificial frozen dessert mix used at the poolside soft serve machines to make the milkshakes at Johnny Rockets. I would expect the quality to be much higher at Ben & Jerry's if they are using scoops of real ice cream.

Not sure if it's the same on all ships, but on Anthem I witnessed them using the same artificial frozen dessert mix used at the poolside soft serve machines to make the milkshakes at Johnny Rockets. I would expect the quality to be much higher at Ben & Jerry's if they are using scoops of real ice cream.

Milkshakes at B&J are scoops of ice cream and milk for the coffee which is all I had as a shake.

Yep. We have ingredient issues and got them to show us what they were using for milkshakes at JR. Nope. Not actual ice cream.

At B&J it was their real ice cream, we know which ones are ok for my son, so we went with them. Many many times.

By the end of our first cruise with my son hitting B&J each night the employee there made him shakes with 7 scoops of ice cream. My son loved it. :)

Unless your kids have a premium package, in which case, they'd probably be more interested in the booze.... They're probably out of luck!

According to the response that I received from Royal via twitter they are also included in the refreshment package which was the comment that the poster that you quoted was referring to.

According to the response that I received from Royal via twitter they are also included in the refreshment package which was the comment that the poster that you quoted was referring to.

They don’t list it as part of the refreshment package though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums