Quest game show

Just got off Adventure yesterday, and I have to say, the Quest game show was the absolute highlight of our trip! Magic Marvin was a phenomenal host, and made the game that much more fun!!!!

I was, however, surprised to see that since it was an adult gameshow, and specifically said that, there were a couple kids in the audience, even in the front row. Definitely NOT for kids, but a heck of a LOT OF FUN!!!!!

Agree, I've seen young kids at Quest, sometimes in the front row with their parents. Even after CD explains it's an adult show they don't leave. I'm no prude, but I'd never bring young children to Quest or any adult oriented show.

I agree with the consensus, they should not allow children into the venue! They announce before the show that it is an adult show and advise parents to take children out, but do not word it as such that they are required to. I think they should enforce that, as I heard of one instance where the CD actually dummed it down and didn’t host the show quite like he usually would because there were children in there. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this show on my recent Freedom cruise, CD Drew and AM Alex were phenomenal hosts and made it just as hilarious as I expected! All in all, I’m glad you had a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on the July 13th sailing and were team 6 on the Quest. Amazing how parents allow their children to watch. Royal should enforce the adult only policy. It was a great time though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were team 5, had Andrea and Floyd's brother as our captains !!

Given that there were people undressing and a boob flashed, I think that they definitely need to make it clear that kids shouldn't be there ..

Given that there were people undressing and a boob flashed, I think that they definitely need to make it clear that kids shouldn't be there ..

On Freedom a couple years ago a guy was putting on woman's undergarments and flashed the full monty. Host promptly announced that no nudity was permitted.

Wouldn't that be culture based? Undressed humans and boob flashing is no big deal where I come from.

I haven't seen the show, but I'm often surprised by the culture in other countries.

It is made clear but those special parents ignore the request and bring their kids in with them. No way is someone from the staff going to stop kids from entering.

We were on a cruise years ago that hosted a family quest. It was a ton of fun and nice to be able to bring the kids to experience a toned down quest.

That’s a great idea but there aren’t many adult only activities on these cruises so I would personally be disappointed if this happened on our sailing. A good suggestion would be to have a toned downed Quest during the day for families then the adult only Quest at night.

That’s a great idea but there aren’t many adult only activities on these cruises so I would personally be disappointed if this happened on our sailing. A good suggestion would be to have a toned downed Quest during the day for families then the adult only Quest at night.

Many of the ships conduct a scavenger hurt type program, which is what Quest is, during the day for anyone to participate it, check the Cruise Compass for the start times. Have to admit that we would never miss a Quest.

It is made clear but those special parents ignore the request and bring their kids in with them. No way is someone from the staff going to stop kids from entering.

Also keep in mind that the Quest went on immediately following the 80's dance party which was packed... So no way to get everyone out of Studio B and then back in.

Seems to vary by ship. We were on the Indy 2 weeks ago and one of the rounds was specifically for under 10s. That was definitely family friendly.

Wow, I've been on 3 Royal cruises and have played the Quest everytime and it has always been adult only. RC has always given a warning saying it was an adult only game. Everytime I have played it has been raunchy too and definitely not for kids. They did have a "quest" type of game by the pool the following day that was family friendly.

Oh wow, we were right next to you guys!

I agree! They make it known that it is not a game for kids but nothing is enforced. With so many family activities on board, it's nice to have an adult only game.

Wouldn't that be culture based? Undressed humans and boob flashing is no big deal where I come from.

I haven't seen the show, but I'm often surprised by the culture in other countries.

This would be true, but it goes farther than a boob flash. The actions that take place can be raunchy and not meant for children's eyes.

Seems to vary by ship. We were on the Indy 2 weeks ago and one of the rounds was specifically for under 10s. That was definitely family friendly.

Some ships have a family Quest earlier in the day. The late night time Quest for adults is usually held after 11 pm.

I agree with the consensus, they should not allow children into the venue! They announce before the show that it is an adult show and advise parents to take children out, but do not word it as such that they are required to. I think they should enforce that, as I heard of one instance where the CD actually dumbed it down and didn’t host the show quite like he usually would because there were children in there. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this show on my recent Freedom cruise, CD Drew and AM Alex were phenomenal hosts and made it just as hilarious as I expected! All in all, I’m glad you had a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It isn't that the kids may be exposed to something "bad". It's that it ruins it for adults who are uncomfortable that kids are there. (even if their clueless parents are not)

On one cruise, at one "famous" Quest, the CD made the announcement that the Quest was for adults only. He said it again. He glared directly at some kids (and their parents). He said it again.

The kids were not taken out by their parents.

The CD then proceeded to make it as raunchy and "extreme" as possible.

I applauded him. ;)