extra costs

Puzzler132

We are a family of 7 taking our first cruise on the MSC Melody in July. I would like to know about any extra costs: drinks, tipping, etc. We are not big drinkers but I know the kids are going to want drinks/snacks throughout the day. Is there an "all you can drink" soft drink fee or card? What about tipping? Is the service good enough to just pay a total fee for tipping, or should I tip as we go? Finally are there any other large fees we should expect to pay?

We are very excited but nervous. Thanks for any help to first timers like us.

I found out about the tipping policy but still have not found itnformation concerning the prices of soft drinks and alcoholic drinks. Does anyone know the approximate costs on MSC Mediterranian cruises?

This may help - from the Musica last week:

Wine packages available -

Classic - 4 wine (2 white, 2 red, I think) + 7 mineral water = E79

Superior - 7 wine (3w, 3r, 1rose) + 7 mineral = E129

Prestige - 5 wine (2w, 2r,1 rose) + 7 mw = E 139

Solo Bianchi - 6 premium white wine + 7 mw = E 149

Solo Rossi - 6 premium red wine + 7 mw = E 149

From the wine list bottles started at about 19E.

A glass of house wine about 3.7 or 4E

The beer package is 63E for 14 large beer, or 32E for 14 small beer.

There's also a cocktail package - 12 cocktails - your choice - for 63E.

And soft drinks 14 for 28E.

Junior card - 5 soft drinks, 5 non-alcoholic cocktails - 31 E

10 Fresh fruit smoothies package - 38E

10 ice cream cones - 20E

You can buy the packages at embarkation or any time during your trip.

The tips are included in the cost of drinks.

Continental breakfast room service is FREE (but we usually tipped a euro) - includes coffee, teas, milk, juice, rolls, croisants, jams, etc. - just hang out your order the night before.

Water/Juice is available at breakfast, and I think lunch in the cafeteria for free

Since you have kids, might be a good idea to stock up on water, soft drinks and juice and even snacks at port stops. We bought water (and beer) cheap, cheap at the mini marts in Greece and had no problem bringing on board.

Any more questions, just ask and I'll try to answer.

10 ice cream cones - 20E

Continental breakfast room service is FREE (but we usually tipped a euro) - includes coffee, teas, milk, juice, rolls, croisants, jams, etc. - just hang out your order the night before.

Water/Juice is available at breakfast, and I think lunch in the cafeteria for free

Since you have kids, might be a good idea to stock up on water, soft drinks and juice and even snacks at port stops. We bought water (and beer) cheap, cheap at the mini marts in Greece and had no problem bringing on board.

10 ice cream cones - 20E

We are a family of 7 taking our first cruise on the MSC Melody in July. I would like to know about any extra costs: drinks, tipping, etc. We are not big drinkers but I know the kids are going to want drinks/snacks throughout the day. Is there an "all you can drink" soft drink fee or card? What about tipping? Is the service good enough to just pay a total fee for tipping, or should I tip as we go? Finally are there any other large fees we should expect to pay?

Only other extras are for extra services such as spa treatments, photos (completely optional whether you want to buy them)ship's shore excursions.

One thing you may not realsie about cruises is that they supply pool and beach towels, so need to pack any. MSC get you to sign for them and then mark them off when you return them later that day. make sure they take your card number when you return them otherwise they'll charge you for them.

Have a great time

Only other extras are for extra services such as spa treatments, photos (completely optional whether you want to buy them)ship's shore excursions.

One thing you may not realsie about cruises is that they supply pool and beach towels, so need to pack any. MSC get you to sign for them and then mark them off when you return them later that day. make sure they take your card number when you return them otherwise they'll charge you for them.

Have a great time

Have a great time

Have a great time

Have a great time

Archived