When is the best time to book a cruise for May?

I would wait till after final payment is due. That's when the deals are best.

I wouldn't state that as a fact... Lots and lots of cruises just go up and up and never go back down. OP, if you need a specific date or want a specific class of cabin on a specific ship you should just go ahead and book and then watch for price drops. If you can be flexible with sail date and ship (and preferably port of departure and ports visited) then you can find some very good deals 60-90 days out.

Book when you find a price you are happy with. Remember, you can always get a lower rate if before final payment and the rates go down. But often, it seems, the prices go up as the sail date appears. Yes, usually approaching final payment people start dropping out or Travel Agencies release unsold cabins. But if you really want to take the cruise, and it's in your price range, I would book. Otherwise you may miss the cruise.

We know we want to sail out of Galveston for a 7 night cruise in May 2018. So, we're about 7 months out. Will there be any deals coming up around black Friday or starting in January that should make us wait to book?
I think booking a cabin when a new schedule is released and watching the price and also using a fish site will get yourself the best deal

I usually book as soon as possible (but have sometimes booked "last minute"). Can always watch pricing to catch price drops (which I do quite often, and did again yesterday to the tune of 300 ;))

Booking early gives you good cabin choice selection.

Then it gets fun after final payment, IF the pricing goes down, gives me the chance to upgrade to a higher cabin cat for little to no extra $$ (which I have also done in the past, but that is more rare).

I already have two booked for 2019. :cool:

I would wait till after final payment is due. That's when the deals are best.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But not always for me anyway. Most of my cruises have gone way up over the price I paid

booking early. :o And cabin selection goes down.

I booked our May 2018 cruise out of Galveston 354 days out. So glad I did because balcony cabins are now pricing higher than what I paid for our GS. Last week I tried to book another one for April 2019 and the category we want is already sold out.

I booked our May 2018 cruise out of Galveston 354 days out. So glad I did because balcony cabins are now pricing higher than what I paid for our GS. Last week I tried to book another one for April 2019 and the category we want is already sold out.

Yup...this exactly. ^