Zaandam partial OV cabin recommendations please

yerdua

Hi all. Will be sailing on the zaandam for a canada/new England cruise next year. Does anyone have any suggestions for a minimally obstructed OV cabin? Prefer something not under a busy venue. TIA.

3372 has just the promenade's handrail across most of it, maybe a vertical support to the left looking out. My aunt's remark was "This view isn't obscured at all!"

As you go aft from that room, you get more and more blockage and also more and more noise from the galley above! The beds if together as a queen-king, will be in front of the window; if made up as twins you can get right up to the window. We had 3372-74-76 on the Volendam in 2016 and 3372-80 on the Zaandam last August!

If you go to halfacts.com you can find a set of views from directly outside all of the windows on the Amsterdam's Lower Promenade (sister ship of Zaandam) -- however, you'll have to go to the deckplans for both ships because the numbers are off by two for most if not all of the rooms!

In my limited view cabins site I have a page for the Zaandam. While the photos were taken on the I've adjusted the captions to reflect the Zaandam's cabin numbering. The photos were taken from the Promenade deck in front of each window looking slightly forward and slightly aft.

https://limitedviewcabins.wordpress.com/r-class/256-2/

Roy