Cosol Tours Island Tour

katjoeus

I've been reading raving reviews about this whole day tour and am thinking of booking this for my husband and myself. $75 seems very reasonable for everything it includes.

Has anyone on here taken that tour, would they recommend it? Or know of any even better ones?

I just booked this for the two of us - would still like to hear from people who did this, though!

Have you read the numerous threads on this forum? There's loads going on and on about how much they enjoyed Cosol. Also, TripAdvisor has lots of reviews too...

Enjoy, whatever you choose to do...

I did this tour 5 years ago and it was excellent, well worth every penny. Our guide was known as Yellowbird. We had lots of stops for photo ops and for trying different foods along the way. The van was very spacious with good air con and they don't fill them to capacity either. The vans were also well stocked with water, beer and rum punch which was included in the price. As I say, we did the tour with Cosol 5 years ago and things may have changed, but I've never seen a bad review.

We echo the comments about Cosol. The tour delivered all that it promised and the cost was reasonable. We did this about 10 years ago and found the experience was wonderful and well-organized. We too had YellowBird as our driver/guide. He was great! One highlight was going to a beach resort near the Pitons and enjoying our calm swim. Another benefit was having such a large group (about 10 vans full) we had a definite sense of safety and security.

I just booked with COSOL also! I booked because of the good reviews on trip adviser but it's great to hear from actual people that have done it. I was impressed that he responded via email within a day with all of the answers to the questions I asked and then I sent another email asking him to book us and he sent a confirmation email back the same day. A lot better than some of the other tours that i've contacted. Some i'm still waiting for and it's been weeks!

If anyone has done it recently, i'm wondering how long you spend at the mud bath, watefall, snorkeling etc? I'm wondering if there will be enough time to really take it all in or if you are rushed through each stop? And he says there is time for shopping on the way back but I was confused on whether the bus drops you off and you have to find your own transportation back to ship or if he waits while you shop? Thanks for any info, i'll email him again if I need to, but thought I could get some first hand info here :)

It stated that the end of the tour is a stop for shopping 5 minutes from the ship. There are several excursions that do in fact require you to find your own transportation back. They do state it in the description if that is the case, which is why I was confused about this one because it isn't clear.... There's no need to be rude. If you don't have an actual answer to someones question maybe you should just move on to a post you have more knowledge about :confused:

Cosol's tour, and virtually all the independent tour operators, bring you back to rhe port area at the end of your tour. The shopping opportunity is basically the shops at rhe port as you make your way back to the ship. Most all tours drop you off with at least a half hour before the time you need to be aboard, so you have time to meander through the shops if you want... As for the stops along the tour, you'll have enough time to enjoy then, assuming the others in the tour with you don't dawdle or deliberately take long to get back to the bus, and you usually have around an hour at the beach stop.... Cosol and the other excellent independent operators have their tours down to a science, they've been doing it for a while and are quite good at it..

Enjoy your visit...

It stated that the end of the tour is a stop for shopping 5 minutes from the ship. There are several excursions that do in fact require you to find your own transportation back. They do state it in the description if that is the case, which is why I was confused about this one because it isn't clear.... There's no need to be rude. If you don't have an actual answer to someones question maybe you should just move on to a post you have more knowledge about :confused:

If this was directed at me, please explain how I was "rude" in my post???

Yes, it was directed at you, but I was wrong to jump to the conclusion that you were being rude. I apologize! I assumed you were being condescending by stating that he wouldn't just leave you stranded at the end of the tour, but I admittedly was having a bad day yesterday and probably took your statement the wrong way. We are all here for the same reason, to get info and to enjoy ourselves so again i'm sorry:o

No worries!! I was just trying to say that after everything I'd read, I really didn't think they'd just "dump" us somewhere :-) These people seem to be really good and honestly, I"d much rather give them the business than pay for a totally overpriced RC tour...

I booked the Cosol tour and I'm really looking forward to it - maybe I'll see you there :D

We did the Cosol tour 2 years ago - it was amazing - one of the best in 35 cruises. This past year we did try someone else & it was good but Cosol was better. Not only did we see so much & try some local treats but he is funny & outgoing. There were only 4 of us because we don't like to wait for bus loads of people - worth every penny!!

We did the Cosol tour 2 years ago - it was amazing - one of the best in 35 cruises. This past year we did try someone else & it was good but Cosol was better. Not only did we see so much & try some local treats but he is funny & outgoing. There were only 4 of us because we don't like to wait for bus loads of people - worth every penny!!

Did you book the custom tour? If so did you have a plan for the day or did you leave it up to them?

Can someone please post up a link to his page? I'd like to see what you do and see during the tour. Most of the time we like to venture out on our own but after reading the thread it might be worth spending the day with someone providing the tour.

We like someone else in this thread like to have the freedom to spend more (or less) time at places if we want but might try this tour.

Cheers!

I'm not sure if we are allowed to post links but you can just google COSOL tours st. lucia and it'll give you his website. The tour starts on a bus with no more than 10 people I believe. But he stops every 10 minutes or so for picture opportunities as well as a couple stops for homemade snacks, breads fruit etc. You get a tour of the banana plantation along the way then you board a boat to snorkel/swim for about an hour. Then you go to the sulphur springs to see the drive in valcano, the mud bath and the waterfall. Not sure the exact order but you literally see all of the sights of the island and it only costs $75 pp and that includes all the food/drinks as well as entrance fees to the mud bath etc. He guarantees to have you back to the ship on time, and he doesn't require payment up front. You pay at the end of the tour! He has excellent ratings and reviews from tripadvisor as well as here on CC.

Is the transport on this tour by bus? I'm trying to find the tour that starts with the speedboat to Soufriere

Cosol's tour is by van both ways.

For speedboat tour, check Spencer Ambrose, Joe Knows, Son of Man, Serenity TVL, Joy's Ocean Angel, etc.

Enjoy.

I'm not sure if we are allowed to post links but you can just google COSOL tours st. lucia and it'll give you his website. The tour starts on a bus with no more than 10 people I believe. But he stops every 10 minutes or so for picture opportunities as well as a couple stops for homemade snacks, breads fruit etc. You get a tour of the banana plantation along the way then you board a boat to snorkel/swim for about an hour. Then you go to the sulphur springs to see the drive in valcano, the mud bath and the waterfall. Not sure the exact order but you literally see all of the sights of the island and it only costs $75 pp and that includes all the food/drinks as well as entrance fees to the mud bath etc. He guarantees to have you back to the ship on time, and he doesn't require payment up front. You pay at the end of the tour! He has excellent ratings and reviews from tripadvisor as well as here on CC.

Thanks for the info. If our speed boat tour doesn't materialize, we'll switch to Cosol.

Patricia