Electric Bracelets as used on Anthum

Sybird

Traveling on Vision OTS next week. Has this ship been modified so as to also use the bracelets?:cool:

Wow bands are only on new ships. I don't see RC ever retrofitting the older ships.

So only these ships use wow bands:

Quantum

Anthem

Ovation

Harmony

Soon, Symphony

Those bracelets called WOW bands are not electric at all ;-). They have a RFID chip inside which can be programmed (and also reprogrammed for further use on another ship using them).

steamboats

Be aware, you must buy new WOW bands each time. I tried to exchange mine on my last cruise and they said you must repurchase.

I have an "original" band from the Quantum without the muster station printed on it. Last year on the Anthem, they reprogrammed it for that cruise. My husband upgraded his to the muster variety (but with a better band type). Are you saying that they won't reprogram either for this year's cruise?

I didn't care for them myself but if you do decide to get them make sure you stand in the right line. We wasted 30 minutes in the main guest services line when we boarded until they told us to go to the smaller desk off to the right side of guest services. They said they are single trip use only but I'm not sure about the older ones.

I had two different WOW bands (from Anthem and Quantum) - one had a muster station, the other didn´t.

I went to guest services on the Harmony last year. First I was told, no, they can´t reprogram them. But I insisted that they can (as this was said multiple times on here). So the girl went once more and asked another collegue and returned with a "yes". I waited in line and got my old band reprogrammed. No one cared about muster stations or not.

I also read on here that sometimes they simply exchange yours for a new one.

steamboats

I have an "original" band from the Quantum without the muster station printed on it. Last year on the Anthem, they reprogrammed it for that cruise. My husband upgraded his to the muster variety (but with a better band type). Are you saying that they won't reprogram either for this year's cruise?

funny, we sailed on the Quantum in Feb' '15 and the muster station id was on the band. However, when we sailed on Anthem last August, '16 it was blank. Was able to trade my Q for an A band without a charge at GS.