Free specialty dining question

curlybelle2

I doubt it. Even if you can it will be of very little value. I recall that the Sip & Sail promo allowed passengers to exchange the All Inclusive Beverage Package for onboard credit but the amount of that credit was no where near what the package cost you if you purchased it.

There should be a card or voucher in your cabin about the promotional specialty dinning. You can take it to the passenger services desk and ask if you can exchange it for onboard credit.

Personally, I would keep the voucher and if the time and venue for the meal did not suit me, I would call the DINE Line and change it to the steak house specialty restaurant, ( Crown Grill, Bayou Cafe, or Sterling Steak House, depending on which ship you are on).

I have tried many times to exchange an extra specialty dining voucher for OBC without any success. I have taken pre-cruise documents with me. The voucher has a disclaimer that states that it has no value (a promotion/a gift from your TA using her points, etc).

A very long time ago (before they gave away so many), I was able to exchange voucher on an 18 day back to back to back cruise. Guess they felt sorry for me because I had so many.

My most recent experience was this past November. I thought I had three dinners on a 10 day cruise (Suite perk/promotion/travel agent). I tried to turn one back in. They only had 2 on record. I showed them my paper work. They said they would contact corporate. I contacted my travel agent who clarified it was only two. Never heard from corporate. Irony of it all is that I was comped a third dinner because of problems I encountered on this cruise.

My advice is to (re) book a reservation as soon as you board for so that you are assured a time and day of your liking. Sea days will have the formals (with lobster). I generally try to find out what day Italian Night is and book it for then.

• 8 months later...
Is it possible to book the free specialty dinner using the Cruise Personalizer?

No

And that is because any specialty dinners booked using the Personalize must be paid for using a credit card when you make the reservation.