Luxury Sailing Yacht Excursion -- Labadee

Cruisin Broad

Hello. My traveling companion wants to book a RCCL sponsored excursion in Haiti -- Luxury Sailing Yacht. Does anyone have any feedback on this excursion? The description is below. Some of the comments here on Cruise Critic have me wondering if it's safe to do this. (I doubt RCCL would be sponsoring it if they believed it to be unsafe, but would like feedback if anyone has gone on this excursion). Thanks.

Cruise the Caribbean Sea on an extravagant sailing yacht as you head out into the sparkling, turquoise waters of Labadee. Climb aboard a one of a kind, 62-foot luxury sailing yacht as your captain and crew navigate past scenic islands and barrier reefs. You and a very limited number of guests will savor cold beverages while lounging on the yacht's spacious deck—sailing past local fishermen and seaside villages. Along the way you'll drop anchor in secluded bays and remote islands for a refreshing swim, or sit back and relax on the oversized sun beds and lounge chairs while listening to some cool island music as an attentive crew caters to your every need.

• 2 months later...

We did this in March, and will be doing it again in a couple of weeks.  It's fantastic!!  There is a maximum of 20 passengers on the boat, but our sailing only had 7!!  There were three crew members and unlimited alcoholic beverages (I believe they had beer, wine, rum punch and rum and coke, also just water or soda if you wanted that).  After cruising around for awhile, we stopped at an island where you could jump in and snorkel or swim up to the island, and then had a nice long cruise on the way back.   The crew was fantastic, very chatty and always refilling drinks.  When we stopped at the island, one crew member went with those swimming, and one with those snorkeling, the remaining one stayed on the boat.  We felt perfectly safe and had the time of our lives!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...