Cosol Tour in St. Lucia

cleob

I've heard so many good things about this tour, that I plan to take it next March while on Serenade. I went to the website and it sounds wonderful! The price is great. Any idea how far in advance we should book?

I've always booked tours through the cruise line due to being nervous about getting back to the ship on time but this guy sounds like a pro so I'm assuming this will not be a problem.

Book now! Cosol tours are very popular and will book up. He is VERY experienced and professional regarding cruise ship passengers. I have never heard of any of his tours arriving late back at the terminal. Cosol, and his other guides are constantly in touch with each other by mobile phone so are always aware of problems ahead.

Just book and don't worry! :)

We had plenty of time when we returned from the tour to go down to the straw market that is a few blocks away from the pier and shop. That is THE place for inexpensive souveniers to bring back for friends and relatives. Brush up on your bartering skills if you plan on going there!

• 2 weeks later...
Book now! Cosol tours are very popular and will book up. He is VERY experienced and professional regarding cruise ship passengers. I have never heard of any of his tours arriving late back at the terminal. Cosol, and his other guides are constantly in touch with each other by mobile phone so are always aware of problems ahead.

Just book and don't worry! :)

Hi Mim Lloyd

Could you give me the E-Mail and/or the Web address for Cosol......Thanks alot.......:cool: :cool:

i agree completely, Cosol had a great tour (did the tour in St. Lucia- early may 2007), great food, great scenery and very entertaining. the rum factory was on fire that day, so no tour there, but the day was wonderful none the less. a great bargain for so much entertainment and show. i did not get sick on the tour, but some have in the past, the roads are very windy. book early, you won't want to miss this tour.

:)

For those that have taken this tour....would you answer a couple of questions....(thanks)

1) How long are you at each stop

2) How long do they allow for swimming and shopping

3) Did you have plenty of time left once the tour was over for shopping?

4) Were you allowed to purchase extra bread and Johnny Cakes, (I want to take some back to ship for my husband to try. He will be diving in St Lucia.)

Thanks!

We toured with Cosol this past week and this is the best tour we have ever taken anywhere! Cosol delivers everything he promises and more!

I highly recommend him.

For those that have taken this tour....would you answer a couple of questions....(thanks)

1) How long are you at each stop

2) How long do they allow for swimming and shopping

3) Did you have plenty of time left once the tour was over for shopping?

4) Were you allowed to purchase extra bread and Johnny Cakes, (I want to take some back to ship for my husband to try. He will be diving in St Lucia.)

Thanks!

Length of stops depended on what we were doing. He makes numerous stops throughout the day. Some for picture taking and some for exploring. We never felt rushed as Cosol gave everyone the time they needed to feel comfortable. We spent approx an hour at the beach.

Cosol stop at a few stands on the way to the ship where some shopping can be done. There is a craft market not far from the ship and Cosol did offer to drop off those who wanted to shop on the way back. We got back to the ship with plenty of time for shopping

You will get plenty to eat on his tour. There were others on our tour who got extra Johnny cake from the stand in front of the botanical gardens. They also had chicken avaliable. Cosol does pick up fresh baked bread on his way back to the ship. If you want extra of this I would be sure to ask him to purchase extra at the beginning of the tour as he places his order as he drives thorugh one of the small villages

DW and I loved his tour in April..

Pictures -http://travel.webshots.com/album/558854019seWeOX?vhost=travel

We went to so many places with Cosol and ate so much. Here's the St. Lucia part of my review that's posted on the Member Reviews:

St. Lucia: We booked with Cosol here and this was absolutely the best tour we have EVER done. Cosol was funny, informative, and just a pleasure to be with. He gave us everything he promised and more! We stopped at many places to take pictures. We went to the botanical gardens, the Pitons, the volcano, oh, man, I can’t even remember all the places he took us! He provided all you wanted to drink all day -- local beer, water, soft drinks, rum punches, you name it and he had it. Wherever we stopped, there was food to sample -- as much as you wanted. It was all so good and we did not go hungry! Cosol paid all our entrance fees and I even saw him tip each of the locals who served us samples of their food. Cosol promised that we would get piping hot bread and on the way back he delivered! We made our final stop and he brought us loaves of very hot bread and cheddar cheese, enough for everyone to have at least two and some three sticks of cheese. All of the food we had was delicious. We “met” his girlfriend and her aunt invited us all to the wedding! I don’t think we have ever had a tour that can compete with this and for only $45 a person!

I had forgotten that he also took us to a beach for about 45 minutes to snorkel and relax. We did do many things and stopped at so many places, I just couldn't remember them all. He gives you everything he promises on his website.

We will be on the Crown Princess in March 2008 and have already booked our tour with Cosol. My question for you that have already done the tour, is there good snorkling at the beach you are taken to (is there a reef)? Since I also dive, I have rather large SCUBA fins, which I do not want to lug around unless there is a good reef to explore. Otherwise, I will just relax for the 45-60 min we are at the beach.

We toured with Cosol this past week and this is the best tour we have ever taken anywhere! Cosol delivers everything he promises and more!

I highly recommend him.

We toured with Cosol on Thursday - it was great!! didn't get to enjoy the beach due to the rain, but he can't control that. I can't wait to go back to St. Lucia to see Cosol again!!!!

We will be on the Crown Princess in March 2008 and have already booked our tour with Cosol. My question for you that have already done the tour, is there good snorkling at the beach you are taken to (is there a reef)? Since I also dive, I have rather large SCUBA fins, which I do not want to lug around unless there is a good reef to explore. Otherwise, I will just relax for the 45-60 min we are at the beach.

We didn't snorkle at the beach but from what others in our group were saying it may not be worth the effort to bring your own gear. If you really want they do rent gear at the beach although I am sure at a premium price. The area set aside for snorkling is right off the beach and not over a reef.

• 3 months later...

Hi! I am going to St.Lucia for the time in a couple of weeks. I have booked Cosol's tour because you have said such great things about it! I have a couple of questions--

1) Do ou have to pay extra for the beverages (specifically beer and rum punch)?

2) What is an appropriate tip?

Thanks!!!!

Pr8hdpixie, to answer your questions...

1) No, you do not pay extra for the beverages. All you care to drink beer, water, soft drinks and rum punch, included in the price.

2) That will be up to you! I think we tipped our driver $20. (Cosol has more than one driver and each driver keeps the tips they earn)

We had a great time on this tour, one of the best we have done! :)

I've heard so many great things about Cosol tours and I emailed him this past weekend for our trip in December. For those of you who have used Cosol, what did you do to 'book' with him? We've emailed, and I told him when we were coming, and he emailed back 'you are booked'. He didn't even ask for our last name. He only had our first name and no other contact information. He knows the date we are coming, and told us to be there at 8:20, but that's it. It seems really unsure, and I want to be sure! I've heard so many great things about him!

I just got back from my first cruise and we took the Cosol tour in St.Lucia. It was a great time. I don't know how he does all he does with the low price he charges! He seems to know everyone on the island and everything about it. You get to sample so many different things and see so many sights! We had a great time and I would go on his tour again if I end up there again!!!!

Trish

I've heard so many great things about Cosol tours and I emailed him this past weekend for our trip in December. For those of you who have used Cosol, what did you do to 'book' with him? We've emailed, and I told him when we were coming, and he emailed back 'you are booked'. He didn't even ask for our last name. He only had our first name and no other contact information. He knows the date we are coming, and told us to be there at 8:20, but that's it. It seems really unsure, and I want to be sure! I've heard so many great things about him!

We booked by e-mail and that is the response we received also. I would reccomend e-mailing again closer to your sail date just to confirm and give him your full names and any contact info you want him to have. Cosol has a few drivers and I would think he adds more depending on how many ships are in port, so he has a fair share of tour space. I would also remind him (or whoever you have as a driver) of which ship you are on. Just don't want any confusion about sailing times. ;)

Have a great time! We loved Cosol's tour and don't hesitate to reccomend it. :)

I agree with celticd1.... Contact him again the last part of Nov for your December cruise..... He will meet you and your party outside the gate at Castries, he will have a sheet of paper with those folks on his tour off your ship..... He will ask your name and mark you off the list then put you with your driver..... Hint: When you send your reminder in Nov ask that he be your guide/driver. Tell him that you've heard so many wonderful stories about his tour that you want to experience it in his van....;) .... It is a hell of tour and I wish is was back there with you.... Have a great cruise....:)

Joey

We just returned from taking the Cosol tour. One word describes it best: AWESOME. Great scenic views, food, drinks and Cosol is a great tour guide. A real bargain. You pay a fraction of what you'd pay on the ship. I highly recommend you take this tour. Don't worry about getting back to the ship on time. Your van will be in constant phone contact with the other vans. Cosol is a professional. Thanks Cosol for the great time. Please remember to tip your driver!!!!!!! Even with a tip, it's roughly half of what you'd pay through the ship and you'll see and do much, much more.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our trip this morning-did the Cosol tour in St. Lucia-LOVED IT!! Since I was the one that found out about him, I'm glad our group was VERY happy! We got off the shop late (we were the only ship there) and he had no problem waiting for everyone. Worth every penny and more!!

Archived