Member who lives in St.Lucia

caribbeandiva

Could you please clarify if the price to go to the Sandals Grande 1/2 day pass for cruise passengers went up and if it did, what is the price now?

Thanks for your help!

Di

That is what I am hearing. I was wondering if you knew what the booth by the cruise ship is charging...we went there last year and it was less than what was quoted via email. Just want to know for sure that it did go up.

Also, do you know anything about the Rendezvous Resort?

Thanks for your help!

Di

Hi D..I was given that quote from the Sales office at Sandals Halcyon and I imagine that all 3 St. Lucia Sandals are common rated..however I will enquire if there is such a thing as an "on the spot" price. I should have an answer by tomorrow.

Rendezvous is an all-inclusive couples only resort near the small regional airport about a 10 minute drive from Point Seraphine where the ship docks.

What are you really looking to do during your day in port?

Denyse:)

What do you recommend to see or do while in St Lucia? Heard Anse Chastanet beach is nice to see. Along with Anse Cochon and Choc Beach.

Do you know what the taxi fare would be from the port to beaches? Any sight to check this out?

If not the beach scene, how is the Soufriere Butterfly House and Toraille Waterfall excursion? Can we go for a swim there?

Any suggestions will help.

CaribbeanDiva, I will be in St. Lucia in September. I am interesting in seeing and experiencing as much of the natural beauty of St. Lucia as I can squeeze into a day. My DH and I are both physically fit and would love to do some hiking to places off the beaten path. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help. Ally

I would like to visit the Diamond Botanical Gardens. What are my options for transportation? Do I need to take a taxi, or are there water taxis that I can take from the pier to Soufriere? If so, are the Gardens walkable from where I am let off, or can I take a taxi from there?

Also, how long would the ride be, either by land or by water?

Thank you,

Bob

Hi..There are water taxis but I am not sure as to their frequency. If you do get one it will be a considerable walk from the drop off point in Soufriere. It can be walked, but I think you'd be better of taking a cab, it won't be more than a few dollars. Diamond Falls is very pretty you should enjoy that, also if you can grab lunch at the Still Plantation, awesome authentic St.Lucian fare.

Your post covered diverse areas, Choc Bay is the closest to where the boat docks in Castries. Quite a number of cruise passengers visit this beach since there is a restaurant and you can do some water sport activities as well. It also is a pretty nice beach.

About another 15 minutes heading north is Reduit Beach which is arguably the nicest beach in St. Lucia. It is also on a popular strip of local restaurants.

Anse Cochon is a ways down the coast, I think you can only get to it by boat, great for snorkeling. Anse Chastenet is in Soufriere. This drive will take about 1 hour minimum and will cost in the region of 60-80USD each way.

It really depends on how much driving you want to do. What else is of interest to you?

This is my second time to St Lucia -- the first being almost 7 years ago. Grabbed a taxi the first time and went to the Pitons plus the drive-in volcano, which was great.

This time we will be coming in on a Sunday (Nov 28th). We are not sure what will and what will not be open. Could you advise? Also I'm not be big beach person because I can't swim thus no snorkeling or other water sports either. Don't mind some walking or hiking but but I'm old enough not to want to do much of it. Think of some spots you would take your card carrying AARP Aunt from the States..............? :eek: :D Diamond Botanical Gardens? Never heard of it before -- tell me more. It is open on Sunday? How about a tour guide that will show you around? Recommend anyone? ;) And if there's a bar involved, I won't mind at all! :p

Thank you, thank you, thank you.....

Hello,

Just to advise that I live in St. Lucia and would be happy to answer any questions which would-be cruisers to St. Lucia may have. I also work out of Sandals so I can answer questions about them also.

Denyse/CaribbeanDiva:D

Hello!

So nice of you to offer your help...

I was just wondering if you had any suggestions as to where my friend and I can go snorkeling. I heard Anse Chastanet is great for snorkeling but it is a little too far and the price to get there is a little too steep. Ideally, we're looking for a place with a great beach, good snorkeling and some water activities. Any help would be great! Thanks.

~ Adrienne

Hi Caribbeandiva,

I must see the Black Sand Beaches. Can you tell me the cheapest way to get there? Or if not the cheapest the best. I am thinking price is not a problem at this point. I must see them.

Thanks for your help.

Anyone been on this ship that was in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean? Any info or advice? Thanks!

Hi..This ship is called the Brig Unicorn and indeed it was featured in the Pirates of the Caribbean..This ship does Sunset Cruises and Day Sails to Soufriere. It is indeed a lovely pirate ship. It was also featured in the Mini series called "Roots".

If interested I can give you some prices for the Day Sail. Let me know.

Denyse/Caribbean Diva:)

Hi Caribbeandiva,

I must see the Black Sand Beaches. Can you tell me the cheapest way to get there? Or if not the cheapest the best. I am thinking price is not a problem at this point. I must see them.

Thanks for your help.

Hi..The only black sand beach that readily comes to mind is the one at Anse Chastenet, however I will find out for you if there are any others worth checking out. In the interim the cost to Soufriere oneway, is about 60USD. I will find out some more for you.

Cheers,

Caribbean Diva:)

This is my second time to St Lucia -- the first being almost 7 years ago. Grabbed a taxi the first time and went to the Pitons plus the drive-in volcano, which was great.

This time we will be coming in on a Sunday (Nov 28th). We are not sure what will and what will not be open. Could you advise? Also I'm not be big beach person because I can't swim thus no snorkeling or other water sports either. Don't mind some walking or hiking but but I'm old enough not to want to do much of it. Think of some spots you would take your card carrying AARP Aunt from the States..............? :eek: :D Diamond Botanical Gardens? Never heard of it before -- tell me more. It is open on Sunday? How about a tour guide that will show you around? Recommend anyone? ;) And if there's a bar involved, I won't mind at all! :p

Thank you, thank you, thank you.....

Hi..I,m surprised that your trip to the Volcano did not include the Botanical gardens/Diamond Falls since the two are usually combined.

If you do not feel inclined to go as far as Soufriere, why not try Marigot Bay? Stunning harbour, good restaurants and not to much walking..you can also take a short ferry trip across the bay to other restaurants ..

Also, a trip to Rodney Bay might be nice..a long strip of local restaurants and a great beach where you can rent lounge chairs and this is just a 20 minute ride from the ship!

Let me know if you need more info.

Denyse/Caribbean Diva;)

Hello!

So nice of you to offer your help...

I was just wondering if you had any suggestions as to where my friend and I can go snorkeling. I heard Anse Chastanet is great for snorkeling but it is a little too far and the price to get there is a little too steep. Ideally, we're looking for a place with a great beach, good snorkeling and some water activities. Any help would be great! Thanks.

~ Adrienne

Hi Adrienne,

Club St. Lucia offers snorkeling as well as the Windjammer Landing. Both hotels are in the North where the cruise ship docks. Club is about a 1/2 hour drive and Windjammer perhaps about 20-25minutes. These options should be lighter on your pocket.

Denyse.;)

Hello All,

My husband & I will be sailing on AOS. We will be in St Lucia on Sept 16th. Can anyone give me any feedback on tour operators?

9/03 AOS

9/04 NOS

Hi,

Several Tours operators..You can use Sunlink Tours or Barefoot Holidays also Travel Concepts. Let me know if you need their contacts in advance or if you are planning to book when you get here.

Denyse/Caribbean Diva

You said that Choc Bay is the closest beach to where the boat docks in Castries. Can we walk there? Or are there any other beaches in walking distance from the pier? I ask this question since my DH & I would like to stay in the port area and walk around as well as stop and enjoy a St Lucia beach.

Archived