Princess Casco Viejo tour in Fuerte Amador

Alaskanb

You might ask on the Panama Canal board under Ports of Call. You might need to give a longer description of the tour...EM

Thanks.

There is a very limited description of the tour on the Princess website. I would like to have the experience of someone who has been on it not just from someone who has been to Casco Viejo.

I agree, and will be watching for answers as well. We are on the same cruise, and I tried very hard to find a good private tour to Casco Viejo. I'm afraid the Princess one isn't really going to allow us as much time as we'd like to spend there; however, I had no luck in finding what sounded like a good private option. We went ahead & reserved the Princess one, but I'm still hoping to find something better.

I agree, and will be watching for answers as well. We are on the same cruise, and I tried very hard to find a good private tour to Casco Viejo. I'm afraid the Princess one isn't really going to allow us as much time as we'd like to spend there; however, I had no luck in finding what sounded like a good private option. We went ahead & reserved the Princess one, but I'm still hoping to find something better.

The tour description also says no bathrooms! Hopefully that is an error..... Think I will need to address my questions with the tour guide. I've had no success with finding a suitable private tour either.

• 2 weeks later...

Alaskanb,

Sorry, didn't reply sooner as we have been away & unable to access CruiseCritic. Wow! I didn't notice the "no bathrooms" note on this excursion. That may be a problem for the couple we are traveling with. Wonder if we will be able to get a definitive answer once onboard?

Alaskanb,

Sorry, didn't reply sooner as we have been away & unable to access CruiseCritic. Wow! I didn't notice the "no bathrooms" note on this excursion. That may be a problem for the couple we are traveling with. Wonder if we will be able to get a definitive answer once onboard?

I hope so! From what I can find via Google there are no public restrooms in the Casco Viejo area. It would be nice to hear from others who have done the tour and needed to find a restroom. I'm sure cafe's etc have them but not enough time to buy a drink or snack and use the facilities.

My wife and I took this tour a few years ago. You get some free time by the Cathedral, and there are vendors there. My wife bought a beautiful Mola here:

8702781602_7580988307_b.jpg

There were also some vendors a bit later in the walking tour as we walked through Esteban Huertas Promenade:

8717306101_cc765d28bb_b.jpg

We also made a stop at a "recommended" store that had a lot of Panama items, and bathrooms! Have fun. We thought this was a great tour.

My wife and I took this tour a few years ago. You get some free time by the Cathedral, and there are vendors there. My wife bought a beautiful Mola here:

8702781602_7580988307_b.jpg

There were also some vendors a bit later in the walking tour as we walked through Esteban Huertas Promenade:

8717306101_cc765d28bb_b.jpg

We also made a stop at a "recommended" store that had a lot of Panama items, and bathrooms! Have fun. We thought this was a great tour.

Thanks for the reassurance and pics.