Renting a car

Scoobyhorst

we are booked on Imagination for a Sun-Thurs cruise. We plan to fly to LAX on Saturday and leave the next Saturday. We are thinking of renting a car while there. Should we rent for the entire week and pay to park at the terminal or should we rent one day before the cruise, return the car, then rent again after the cruise. If we do that how do we get to and from the rental agency?

Price it out. Parking in Long Beach is $19/24 hours.

There’s a Hertz, Avis and an Enterprise near the port, IIRC all on Ocean. You can take a taxi or the Free Long Beach Passport bus. Some will take you to port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we are booked on Imagination for a Sun-Thurs cruise. We plan to fly to LAX on Saturday and leave the next Saturday. We are thinking of renting a car while there. Should we rent for the entire week and pay to park at the terminal or should we rent one day before the cruise, return the car, then rent again after the cruise. If we do that how do we get to and from the rental agency?
If youre not concerned with how much you're gonna end up spending, I'd say do exactly that: rent and park it at the terminal. Parking after 7 days for us cost I believe $170 (if memory serves).

If you're looking to save what we did was we rented from hertz at LAX, stayed in Long Beach overnight then dropped off the car at the Hertz location near the port. There was no extra fee to drop off the car at a different location (but check first, depending on the time of the year they may charge for dropping it off at a different location). Hertz also "sometimes" has a drop off service (again check first).

Regardless of who you rent from before your cruise, be aware that enterprise is also a mile from the port and they have a standard pick up service. You may consider them after the cruise. Hope all this helps.

Sent from my E5663 using Tapatalk

Another option might be to rent the car for the week and locate a park and cruise hotel to stay in the night before the cruise and then shuttle to and from the hotel for the cruise. You can check the price difference to see if that's more economical than parking at the port.