Looking forward to the new late night room service!

amsred2

I know I'm in the minority here but I am excited for the new room service menu. I have never before ordered between those hours but now, after looking at the new menu, I'm gonna have to start. I used to look at the old menu and those stale, cold (even when they were toasted) sandwiches never looked good. I ordered my first (daytime) room service on my last two trips (AFTER they added the tasty pay-for hot items) and loved wings and fries. Now they have added a few new yummy looking items, including omelettes (YAY) that I will gladly pay for.

I'm excited too! I always enjoyed the sandwich but I'm super-excited to try some of the hot items!

We're just disappointed that they no longer offer cheesecake after 10pm. That's something I would gladly pay for, ha.

I'm sure they will sell you a slice.

Another one. Wanting to see new menu. Leaving next Sunday

we got back yesterday from the fantasy and did not see or know about the new menu! is it on just a few ships or fleet wide.

maybe our room steward didn't leave us one! she was not the best!

I would NOT pay for food when my fare includes meals. Remember when the brochures boasted about 8 "meals" a day and was in the WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR FARE column?

Room service is not categorized as ordinary meals/food, it is offered as "other" alternatives etc.. It is also not changing for 16 hours of the day, so it is still an option on the ship. Maybe cruising is no longer a vacation that fits your lifestyle or budget as the complaints about this is purely amazing and amounts to whining (about nothing basically).

I would NOT pay for food when my fare includes meals. Remember when the brochures boasted about 8 "meals" a day and was in the WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR FARE column?

I suppose you also remember the Titanic, prizes of substance in a box of Cracker Jacks and when full service gas stations were the norm (just to name a few).

Just another geezer whining about “the good old days”.

Many like the OP are looking forward to a revamped room service menu for a variety of obvious reasons that some should put their bifocals on to read about before spouting off about how unethical this change is after having made final payment and can’t cancel (like anyone would, but it does make for excellent pot stirring).

I for one applaud the change and will say so before, during and after the half-dozen cruises I have booked. The hotel directors always appreciate the feedback, especially from others with lifetime experience in the hospitality industry.

Just another geezer whining about “the good old days”.
Please understand that there are some of us geezers who are adaptable and ready to move forward into the future. We're all not whining about the good old days.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I don't know why the posted menu doesn't have the prices. The same one John Heald posted did have the prices but was super tiny and almost impossible to read.

Not looking forward to it, but will adjust of course. My kids love ordering room service. Hope they have enough staff to cover the hour or two before the charges start @ 10pm.

I'm excited too! I always enjoyed the sandwich but I'm super-excited to try some of the hot items!

We're just disappointed that they no longer offer cheesecake after 10pm. That's something I would gladly pay for, ha.

The cheesecake is on the new menu, under desserts.

I used to think that way about add ons "fee based" items on the cruises but the more I cruise, the more I am able to see some benefits of being offered additional options. I never wanted to pay extra to go to the steakhouse, and really, if you don't want to, you get perfectly good food without paying additional. But if you want to get more experiences, you might try it out. Just like buying a car, the regular items that come with the car, radio, tires, options for electric seats, Windows, etc are included in the car and are perfectly fine, but if you want other options, you pay more and upgrade to those. There are times that my budget does not allow me to buy pictures on the ship, for those cruises, I am happy to use my own camera and phones and take my own. Other times, I will pay for the professionals . I like cruising because you don't have to buy any of the additional items if you don't want to. And I like the option of being able to choose. With any other business, if there is an opportunity to make money on additional options or incentives, a good business will try those options because they add value to the experience of the folks using and also adds increased revenue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums