DI charm bracelets

wanderingjew

we got these bracelets in cozumel just because we were in DI so my dad could ask about a watch. i was a jeweler for years, so i knew they were junk from the get go. we put the bracelets on and seriously, within 10 minutes the gold plating wore off. they'd be better off leaving them as silver colored.

we got these bracelets in cozumel just because we were in DI so my dad could ask about a watch. i was a jeweler for years, so i knew they were junk from the get go. we put the bracelets on and seriously, within 10 minutes the gold plating wore off. they'd be better off leaving them as silver colored.

Same for me. I think maybe they're gold colored plastic. My brother goes nuts when I go into the stores to ask for them.

I laugh every time I think about how far we walked one time to get that cheap thing. We all really thought we were going to get something valuable...haha. Mine found it's way to the bottom of my jewelry box. If I had a kid to give it to, I would.

• 10 years later...

My wife and I both get the bracelets and charm whenever we cruise. It is a fun way to have a free souvenir of the trip. Quality aside, it is fun to collect the memory. We have a lot of fun when hitting the "shopping" ports like Cozumel, and see how many "free" charms we can collect. (Many of the merchants will have signs, "Come in to get your free charm") Yes, you have to step in and see what wares they have, but it is still fun interaction. We make it into a Treasure Hunt of sorts. Now, after 4 cruises, we are building the charm bracelets into a charm necklace. :p

She mainly will wear it on the cruise just as a fun item. Hey... your on vacation..... ENJOY THE MOMENT and build memories. It's the little things that add spice to life. :)

My wife and I both get the bracelets and charm whenever we cruise. It is a fun way to have a free souvenir of the trip. Quality aside, it is fun to collect the memory. We have a lot of fun when hitting the "shopping" ports like Cozumel, and see how many "free" charms we can collect. (Many of the merchants will have signs, "Come in to get your free charm") Yes, you have to step in and see what wares they have, but it is still fun interaction. We make it into a Treasure Hunt of sorts. Now, after 4 cruises, we are building the charm bracelets into a charm necklace. :p

She mainly will wear it on the cruise just as a fun item. Hey... your on vacation..... ENJOY THE MOMENT and build memories. It's the little things that add spice to life. :)

If you collect enough of them, you could make a very nice lanyard for your keycard. :D:D

Heads up, wife made purchase of a small chain that need small repair 6 months later. Multiple searches failed to find the company. Seems they only operate on ships while they are in international waters. No pesky American consumer laws to obey.

If you collect enough of them, you could make a very nice lanyard for your keycard. :D:D

That is exactly what I told her!!!! I figured the bracelet is 6 inches long, we have 4 cruises under out belt, so we should have a interesting lanyard by our next cruise. What a fun idea, and conversation piece when meeting others on the cruise.