Small Ships

Huzz57

I agree

Even Oceania's small ships are twice the number of pax that the OP is asking about

Look at OP's profile: Royal Caribbean. Perhaps s/he is looking to get away from the crowds and just chose to start looking at the "opposite end." Of course, that far end would be a yacht charter with many options in single and double digit passenger loads.

The prices of the expedition and larger "yacht" sized/styled luxury ships might be a financial stretch for some. So, options that may exceed the 200-300 person mark while still being classified as "small" cruise ships would, at least, offer budget friendly alternatives.

200 to 300 is in that awkward range between yacht and “small cruise ship” (which ordinarily suggest 800 or more - unless you are talking river craft. I doubt a Royal Caribbean fan has a clear idea of how little of what he is used to would be found on something under 300 pax.

Which, is why I suggested "R" ships of two cruise lines-perhaps more realistic expectations for OP.

200 to 300 is in that awkward range between yacht and “small cruise ship” (which ordinarily suggest 800 or more - unless you are talking river craft. I doubt a Royal Caribbean fan has a clear idea of how little of what he is used to would be found on something under 300 pax.

I find the 200 to 300 passenger ships I've been on to be a wonderful size, not an awkward one. Large enough to provide everything I want, including a good variety of other passengers to interact with. Small enough to visit unique port and to provide wonderful levels of service I spent 28 days on Windstar's Star Legend this May including 9 days crossing the Pacific.

Nothing over 500 should count as a small ship.

• Like 1

Look at OP's profile: Royal Caribbean. Perhaps s/he is looking to get away from the crowds and just chose to start looking at the "opposite end." Of course, that far end would be a yacht charter with many options in single and double digit passenger loads.

The prices of the expedition and larger "yacht" sized/styled luxury ships might be a financial stretch for some. So, options that may exceed the 200-300 person mark while still being classified as "small" cruise ships would, at least, offer budget friendly alternatives.

The lines with 200-300 passenger ships mentioned in the thread so far span a range of prices. Star Clipper and Voyages to Antiquity are lower cost examples.

Sometimes the same line has quite a range of prices depending on the itinerary and dates one chooses. Windstar prices for their Greek itineraries have given some of us sticker shock but for some other itineraries they are relatively low. Even more so if one checks weekly for the 7-for-7 specials (sale prices on 7 cruises posted each Thursday). They have a price assurance policy so if the price goes down within 90 days of sailing, you can get a price adjustment.

I find the 200 to 300 passenger ships I've been on to be a wonderful size, not an awkward one. Large enough to provide everything I want, including a good variety of other passengers to interact with. Small enough to visit unique port and to provide wonderful levels of service

Nothing over 500 should count as a small ship.

Couldn't agree more!

But like Goldilocks, everyone has to find the size ship that's 'just right' for them, I suppose....:')

• 2 months later...