Cont. Ed group on Prinsendam: Crows Nest and Library?

manteonc

It appears I have a medical continuing education group onboard for my upcoming cruise on the Prinsendam. This is my first time on board and we are so excited to see her before she is sold. Since she is so small and with limited venues, I am wondering if this continuing education group will restrict our access to the Crows Nest, Library, and other desirable sites onboard. Their web page says that their education sessions are during days at sea so as not to interfere with the chance to tour ports. Anyone been on board Prinsendam with a group like this who can shed some light on where we might expect them to be gathered during our days at sea? Thank you.

It appears I have a medical continuing education group onboard for my upcoming cruise on the Prinsendam. This is my first time on board and we are so excited to see her before she is sold. Since she is so small and with limited venues, I am wondering if this continuing education group will restrict our access to the Crows Nest, Library, and other desirable sites onboard. Their web page says that their education sessions are during days at sea so as not to interfere with the chance to tour ports. Anyone been on board Prinsendam with a group like this who can shed some light on where we might expect them to be gathered during our days at sea? Thank you.

Hmm - it depends upon how big the group is. If it is a large group, I suspect they will meet in the showroom for lectures. That would be the ideal spot and where these types of groups have met on other ships. (I haven't been on the P'dam with a group other than Roads Scholars which had no effect).

I can't see them using the Library.

If it's a smaller group, they could be in the Explorations Lounge, or even the small room that they used to use for Club HAL (Stuyvesant room, I believe it's called) which would have NO impact.

They could potentially use the Crow's Nest, but unless they have it to maximum capacity, they don't usually close off the room. They usually rope off one section and mark it private and the other part is free to use.

Since this is primary care and women's health, it's hard to say how large the group is. Nothing wrong with calling the Continuing Ed people, pretending you're interested and asking how many people they have room for / how many are booked. That will give you and us a good idea.

Hope this helps.

My guesses would be Stuyvestant Room, Half Moon Room, Wajang Theater or possibly Explorer's Lounge. Could be the showroom if a really big group but I would be surprised if it was there.

Roy

Good guesses Roy. I forgot about the Wajang Theatre. That would be an ideal spot for a group, too.

My cruises started as part of a group - most of our meetings were in the Show room so we had no effect on anyone on board, except we were a lot of fun when we weren't in meetings ;). Much younger than the normal crowd on board.

A couple were at the Lido Sea View Pool VERY early in the morning ;)

Our group didn't close off any rooms on the ship. I suspect this one is smaller than ours were ;) many moons ago.

We had a bible study group of about 20 on our Prinsendam cruise. DW said they met "in that basement room". I took her to mean the Stuyvesant Room.

Was it on the world cruise that afternoon films were unavailable in the theater because of group meetings? I would think that could happen on the Prinsendam.

• 2 weeks later...
How did you even learn that your cruise would include this group?

There is a thread on the HAL boards for "drydocks and charters" which is updated on a regular basis.

Currently VMax currently maintains it.